Poker Hands and Strategy

Rake is high but games are good. If you don’t have an account yet I’ve got a rake back guy

Thx bro. Not ready to deposit but I will hit you up when I’m ready. Taking a much needed hiatus after burning out playing low/mid stakes mtts on BOL.

Sounds good. Not affiliated with the guy fwiw, but it seems tricky to find ignition affiliates and he hasn’t screwed me over yet

Wait there’s rakeback on Ignition?

Yes and no. But yes

Feel like this should go here instead of the COVID thread.

@anon38180840

I think this is why I could never play poker for a living.

No way I could raise that river with the worst full house possible on that board.

What would you have done if he re-raises all in?

We lose to 14 combos and likely get called by 16 KJ and never get bluff raised. Raising should make us like $94. He may find a call with other Ax even.

1 Like

I’m guessing the raise was significantly player dependant? How often are you raise folding?

ETA: Just want to say thanks for any hand analysis you make the time to post on UP. Your’s and a few other humans’ hand analysis were the only reason I was on 2+2 and it’s nice not to give them clicks.

1 Like

The key to that hand is what you think the SB’s flop donk range is, because most people are not well balanced in that spot.

Yeah it’s not a raise against a lot of people, and in particular against anyone you think can bluff raise. As a result it’s a raise-fold unless they’d drastically overvalue KJ.

Yeah, and this varies widely by player.

1 Like

Did he show KJo or KJs with a bdfd? If he’s actually leading all KJ into 3 players on that flop, that should definitely go into your memory bank.

Offsuit, it did.

You can heavily discount most 2p combos here for a multitude of reasons. River might seem thin, and it definitely is probably the worst value hand you show up with, but you both have super thin value ranges here and neither are super nutted imo.

You obviously block most A4 combos, the vast majority of people cr A4 the vast majority of the time. People rarely lead mediocre TP oop multiway and that would be a terrible line with AQ, but its obviously not impossible.

At my stakes, flop donks always seem pretty polarized.

Live you can raise that river with 44, fold to a shove–online it’s more toward a call unless the player read is a dumb fish like KJ dude. AQ can be somewhat discounted, this likely wouldn’t have bet the flop. AT definitely possible, A4 possible, non thinking player with some ace most likely. KJ, man I wonder if he read somewhere that he should bluff because he blocks AK/AJ without realizing there’s so many people in the pot and that’s just lighting $ on fire or whatever random reason.

Hand 2 turn call is actually debatable, nobody bluffs a brick on this board when hero’s most likely hand is some jack, based on his sigh call I’d have assumed JT not KK. If he’s played enough small stakes where he gets shown a straight in the face 90% of the time I get it tho.

I actually would’ve bet a little smaller on the river making sure KQ calls but sometimes live they never fold top pair anyway.

bad players lead mediocre TP OOP all the time multiway in small stakes online so I figure they do live as well.

Big difference between online/live here is the stack depth, you’re very rarely that deep online and basically no one plays FR cash online anymore, maybe on the apps.

Going to circle back to this hand. I’m not entirely sure, but I think the line I took in this hand was inspired by Alex “Assasinato” Fitzgerald’s book Exploitative Play in Live Poker. It’s possible this line is more effective in tournaments than cash games.

Villain tanked and folded, showing that she was laying down A :spades: 4 :spades:, a flopped two pair.

Seems the German government made the decision for me if I should keep investing time into poker. Apparantly starting tomorrow online sites have to impose an 4 table maximum and a 1k monthly deposit limit. Stars already told me that I cant play on the fr-pt-es site anymore. 1k monthly deposit limit basically kills all serious efforts unless you have enough money on site and if the 4 tables count for mtts it doesnt help either.

let’s see if they fixed it!

1 Like