Podcast Thread

Behind the Bastards looks solid. Subbed and will listen soon. Last episode is on Ben Shipiro’s book.

2 Likes

It’s alright. I’ve listened to a bunch of eps. Gets formulaic after a while but give it a go for sure.

I need a replacement for Chapo Trap House.

If they can’t be happy about this, then they’ll never be happy about anything.

It’s less political comedy and more politically depressing

The days of the Chapo reading series and mocking intellectual dark web types are largely over. The first episode I listened to was the one on conservative political cartoons and rarely do they approach anything close to that level of humor anymore.

1 Like

I haven’t listened to Chapo in awhile, because I agree those were there best podcasts and the rest were super meh.

That said I don’t blame them for not being happy here. I’m not. We needed a landslide. The future prospects of this country are super, super depressing. Like yeah beating Trump was super nice, but we’re turbo fucked beyond that.

Woot. New 5-4 titled " the courts can’t save him "

That should give you a LITTLE optimism… maybe.

1 Like

I went back and listened to Dan Carlins most recent Making Sense podcast and basically he was spot on with how dangerous Trumps rhetoric was saying the only way he would lose is I feel he was cheated.

16 minute mark he starts talking about it.

1 Like

Dan Carlins politics suck, but he’s a super smart guy who hadn’t voted for a dem/republican in like 30 years and he was shook as fuck and had every right to be.

All the cushvlogs are great but this one is truly exceptional. His brain is expanding at an alarming rate

Heard Amber, snap deleted.

2 Likes

This is the best it gets dor the foreseeable future. If they can’t appreciate this then they’ll just be miserable forever

The pessimism used to be offset by the humor but I haven’t had a good laugh from their show in quite a while.

Honestly, they were expecting a Clinton win in 2016 like all of us, and saw being a thorn in the side of a Dem administration as their raison d’etre. They were worried the show wouldn’t survive a Trump presidency because they wouldn’t stand out enough. So maybe they’ll get something like their groove back.

imo the reading series went about as far as they could, they’d pretty much sucked all the juice out of it and they were starting to feel perfunctory and joyless. I agree the show is creatively past its prime and now what’s left is mostly just how much you respond to them personally. I still find them quite funny.

They have their moments but they are way less frequent than in the past.

And what happened to getting comedians like Patton Oswalt and David Cross on episodes?

Not famous enough for Will the starfucker lol.

Listening to the Citations Needed podcast on the Hillbilly Elegy movie and boy, I did not expect Charles Murray to make a surprise appearance. That motherfucker just will not ever die or go away.

It might be different for people in other countries, but life might get worse in the us each year for awhile. We’ll be pretty lucky if we can get through the impending economic recession before the negative effects of climate change really start to ramp up.

Need more progressive podcasts. So far got 5-4 and majority report. Prefer something with current events, things dems should be doing to do better etc.

Also got Citations needed, their stuff is good bust mostly about general trends that are off topic. I want stuff about whats going on right now

On The Media is good

4 Likes

I second the On The Media rec.

2 Likes

Gaslit Nation isn’t bad. Gaslit Nation with Andrea Chalupa and Sarah Kendzior

2 Likes

Credit to whoever first mentioned 5-4 here. I’ve blown through a few, they’re hilarious. The Bush/9-11 joke one of them made at the end of the Bush/Gore episode is the 2nd hardest I’ve ever laughed during a podcast.

This was first (NSFW):

1 Like