Podcast Thread

Huh. Strange. Thanks.

At what point is it brought up? I want to skip the Glenn apologizing for racists part.

Just listen to the whole thing. I second the recommendation, it was fine. I’m a card carrying Glenn hater but it was interesting. Also sounds like he’s doing good work in Brazil.

1 Like

Someone mentioned The Shrink Next Door, which got me to listen to it. Really interesting and worth a listen, imo. Fascinating story. My pro tip: skip the follow-up episode. It’s basically an advertisement for the company’s other podcasts with really no new info.

1 Like

I really hope they do record a proper follow-up at some point. We were really left hanging there (i would say why but haven’t figured out spoiler tags on my phone yet, but if you listened you know what I mean so whatever)

Someone in I think Jon’s feed last year said they make a ton of money off those live casts so they will keep doing them, but yeah the live shows are pretty bad. HBO used to air them and they were just so cringy, I guess even the hardcores who watch HBO couldn’t stomach them because they’re not on anymore afaik.

have to say I haven’t been big on the chapo podcasts but this was pretty good tbh

https://twitter.com/NathanJRobinson/status/1156307097342087168

What’s going on in Brazil is hella interesting but also really scary.

Hate on Glenn for being contrarian for the sake of contrarianism on American politics but he’s doing legit work for Brazilian politics.

2 Likes

So you’re saying that when the fascism is happening in his backyard Glem’s doing actual journalism instead of going on Fox News and yukking it up with Tucker Carlson about it?

Well I’ll be a monkey’s uncle this sure is unexpected

1 Like

I know there are lots of sports folk here so Stupodity has to get a mention.

Whenever I WAH I have Dan and Stu on in the background. Even though I’m a Dolphins guy I’ve never listened to the local hour so wonder if I should.

Definitely start listening to the local hour. The first segment is usually them discussing local sports. Then they devolve into random hijinks after.

can’t imagine a Lebatard/Stugotz pod could be anything but great

I was a yuge local fan when I lived in Miami > 10 yrs ago

Welp the local hour is no more so that helps your decision

I know there are some Chris Hayes “Why is this Happening” listeners here, but for those who aren’t, especially people who are losing hope like @jmakin *, I recommend the recent episode with William Barber. He’s a minister but you don’t have to be a Christian (I’m not) to be inspired by his work and his philosophy.

* Sorry for the @, didn’t mean it maliciously, just wanted to make sure you saw the post.

1 Like

Agree with the GG praise even with all of his obvious flaws. He is risking everything to fight evil in Brazil. That deserves praise.

2 Likes

thanks that’s the easiest way to get my attention, I’ll check it out but Im pretty devoid of hope

This Chapo live podcast episode is atrocious.

Felix really is the heart of CTH. Feels like he’s fading away and likely moving on soon.

1 Like

I didn’t think it was that bad in the context of live eps, which are generally terrible.

1 Like

Yeah I thought it was better than when they travel to some place and proceed to stereotype it after being there a day.

But everyone in this episode kept talking over each other. I blame the one producer who isn’t on much.

Also the Chapo reddit got quarantined. When The Donald got quarantined you had a bunch of people crying about free speech. The Chapo posters are laughing and calling each other libs like usual.

1 Like

Heh they already started chapotraphouse2. Either that or it was always there as a backup in case they got quarantined.

Anyway, the Patreon Chapo episode this Thursday was vintage Chapo. It really shows how Felix is the backbone of that show. I did find it weird that they randomly added some eSports thing in so Felix could talk about it. Seemed to ruin the flow of the show. But overall I was cracking up.