Podcast Thread

The hands down best video essayist is back with her magnum opus. A nearly three hour treatise on love, lust and female sexuality seen through the lens of the Twilight series.

1 Like

This is an actual masterpiece. Her best video yet and that is high praise.

The final 10 minutes are the best refutation of the gender binary I’ve ever seen.

nah I’m good

seriously I like her work, but three hours? she could put next week’s powerball numbers in there and I still aint watching that

Super weird take. Takes longer to read a book. I assume you do that. This is essentially a small book in video format.

hbomberguy would have something to say about this

Has anyone listened yet?

About a half hour in so far. This meeting could’ve been an email.

oh shit, smitten kitchen is … divisive in this house. I am a huge fan of deb tho, instasubscribe, thanks for this pointer.

Not sure the rules on the Rewatchables timewise, but how have they not done Hot Fuzz yet?

Actually, looking at it more they havent done any Edgar Wright. Do they shy away from comedies in general?

Comedies generally don’t make good Rewatchable episodes imo. At best, you end up with them just repeating the funny lines over and over again. There’s not that much to talk about. I mean, I love love love Fletch and Step Brothers, but even those episodes were pretty meh.

Yeah, when I was looking through the list this is kinda what I was thinking. Its the same reason WHM doesn’t do a ton of comedies.

Thats a shame though, the whole Rewatchables concept seems like it could play well with comedies, the whole categories concept would lead to retelling jokes, but that lind of happens with any of the movies

After getting into Michael and Us (from a rec on this thread), the Rewatchables just falls flat. My corrupted brain needs way more sarcasm and mockery of the movies to be entertained.

How much did bill simmons get from Spotify??

About $200 million for the whole Ringer operation

I assume the big driver of this is Rogan being exclusive to Spotify, while Simmons is not. So my following all the Ringer podcasts that I do on Overcast doesn’t count here.

Under Rogan’s new Spotify deal he is not longer exclusive to that one platform.

CNN
Spotify announced a new multiyear partnership deal with podcaster Joe Rogan. His hit podcast will no longer be exclusive to the audio app and instead now be distributed to a variety of platforms, the streamer announced Friday.

Ahh yes spread that dickbag’s gospel to even more people, wonderful.

1 Like

So Google podcasts is going away in a couple of weeks. They say export now or else but when I try to export to youtube music, it just says I have no subscriptions to transfer. Maybe bc some of my podcasts aren’t available on yt, idk. Google are dicks.

Anyway, what’s the closest I can get to the google podcast app? Free and the simpler the better.