Organizing Unstuck 2020

Today I was at a customer’s house and while I was on the roof there were three guys digging and building a retaining wall. It was 95 degrees and the air still kind of smokey. They didn’t speak English well. There was no contractor’s license. They were very Indio - Native/Indigenous. It’s very likely that they were not here legally. The homeowner asks the one of them who spoke a little English whether he likes Trump or Biden. The guy just says “Not Trump” and the homeowner tells him he thinks Trump will probably be better. That’s when I decided that I’m going to phone bank for Biden.

eta: Google says it was 101 degrees. Sounds right. It was hot.

8 Likes

I’m in Ohio, where do I go to get this app thingy.

There are different ones, so it depends on who we choose to text for. I’m going to put up a poll after i finish watching my team get stomped by the motherfucking Browns, lol

Oh shit, I forgot it was the Battle of Ohio today. That’s okay, I think the broadcasts are blacked out anyway.

1 Like

It’s more like a minor skirmish, but yeah

1 Like

Whichever senate race needs the most help, and also sleepy I guess

No Jaime harrison?

1 Like

From what I’ve seen, Gideon, Hickenlooper and Kelly are going to crush. Assuming Jones loses, that gets us to 49. I think Cunningham is the tipping point for 50.

It’s also a state that has a lot of voter suppression despite a Dem governor because the GOP managed to rig the process to a degree when they had control. So being up in the polls by a few points is still a huge sweat.

It also has a carryover effect for Biden in a swing state. The highest EV uses of time are probably Biden in PA/WI/MI/AZ/NC and Cunningham in NC.

Anyone think I’m off and want to make a case for a different Senate race? I think you’d be looking at MT, IA or GA next. I think the best shot there may actually be Bullock but I haven’t seen any polling in MT or IA. Georgia is going to be riggage central.

Dammit can’t add it

Maybe do a second choice poll too? I’m guessing a lot of people want to do Biden and a Senator.

(Insert obvious joke here.)

I fail at poasting. trying again

• Joe Biden
  • Cal Cunningham (NC)
  • Mark Kelly (AZ)
  • Jaime Harrison (SC)
  • Sarah Gideon (ME)
  • Steve Bullock (MT)
  • Ammar Campa-Najjar (CA-50)

0 voters

took off Hickenlooper and added Bullock and Harrison

You sure there’s not one more candidate you want to put on there?

2 Likes

lmao, she ain’t got a chance. Too bad.

I was going to say if she comes within 10 in any polls you should have to do a phone banking shift for her… But then I thought, “What polls?”

1 Like

Who is that again, other than the hottest human being I have ever seen?

Paulette Jordan, the dem candidate for Senate in…Idaho

Why oh why couldn’t she have been born in a slightly red swing state?

1 Like

Err excuse me, second hottest, after this heartthrob

1 Like

Imagine a world where she lived in Florida, rose to prominence, and the 2028 ticket was AOC/Jordan.

Every single conservative lawnmower would be orbiting Pluto.

3 Likes