Omicron, Boosters, and Asymptomatic Spread

That sounds like he didn’t get tested because he was isolated and that he would probably get tested if he was not so isolated, such as traveling for work.

So you’re so mad that you’re going through a bunch of old posts and trying to frame them to embarrass me and others? Good god this is such a sad life. Good luck dude. You should really reevaluate your choices.

I don’t think anyone should silence themselves, but it turns into a back and forth because everyone is quick to respond, shutting out people who aren’t as involved in the debate and not on the forum all day from asking questions or making points if their own.

It might help if some posters self-throttled and chose to wait a couple of hours to reply to give the conversation time to breathe.

3 Likes

no stopping. no biting. this thread is avant-garde

2 Likes

dugarry gif

1 Like

1 Like

A whole 35 minutes break from being a hero

You’re not helping.

1 Like

He posted about seemingly every new variant as if they were a crisis, a stopped clock is right twice a day and all.

The rest of your questions range from ridiculous to irrelevant so have fun JAQing off.

I’m not name-calling anyone. But a take that the vaccines don’t have the efficacy that numerous studies have proven they have is science denial. He can make his arguments about community spread and PPE without contradicting the science and pushing lies about vaccine efficacy.

Calling JT an anti-vaxxer seems out of line. Seems like a very small concession if you’d stop doing that and maybe JT would return the favor by dialing down his posting.

I’ve posted about 5 variants total and they all had names very shortly after. The quoted is another myth that has been attached to me by posts exactly like yours.

I was the first to post ITT on the UK variant, Beta, Delta, Omicron and BA.2 (Jal did beat me to Omicron but that was on another forum whilst he was banned here, so I shamelessly stole his post).

I believe I used the words anti-vaxx adjacent, and said the take was anti-vaxx. That already feels like tip toeing around it. How would you describe a take that the efficacy proven in studies is bullshit?

Like without sugar coating it, what else do you call denying scientifically proven efficacy?

The efficacies and effectivenesses are constantly changing and, though I don’t ever bother to point out that you’re a little behind the curve, some of the stats you’ve banded around recently are out of date, if you don’t mind me saying. I’ll leave it at that but that may be where some of the confusion between you and JT lies.

No way, you’ve posted about variants almost non-stop for most of the pandemic, and most turned out to be nothing or not concerning for the vaccinated.

Go find the evidence my friend. There’s been over 20,000 variants and you’ll find me speaking of 5. Two years into the pandemic, that’s one new one every ~5 months (average) so maybe your brain, or other posts similar to yours, are playing tricks on you. Each variant gets a number then a name, so you might see 10 variants when there are 5.

According to some here, that’s called basic germ theory.

I’m not saying you’ve posted about 20,000, but there have been, I don’t know, around 15-25 variants of interest and you’ve surely posted news stories about way more than five of them.

Like as I said the other day if you just posted those and not that YouTube guy, and dialed back the variant panic like 20%, you’d be one of the most valuable posters in the covid thread IMO by doing a great job aggregating variant news and sharing it.

It’s the bolding the scariest sentence and wondering if each one will escape that isn’t helpful. Like the ones with a serious threat of escaping were all noted almost immediately by the epidemiologists.

I never posted the youtube guy. That all started during your holiday when I took a screenshot from youtubeguy, showing only efficacies from a report - I linked the same report but the report was long and drawn out and the image showed the efficacies. I was then accused of being an antivaxxer cause I posted the youtube screenshot.

Again, it’s posts like this that have you confused and will lead to others being confused.

You do realise some of the bolded sentences are pre-bolded from the bbc / guardian live? others I have bolded because I don’t expect all readers to want to read all the copy / paste. They only want to know efficacies and if the vax is a threat.

I embedded one, to prove to the masses that Dr John did not state what CN said he stated. Get it? One, to prove CN was full of it. I also embedded to show the title was not ‘1/10 of UK covid deaths not real covid deaths’

I mean, you think I embed more than one from your quote. But you found one. Try going back and reading why I embedded. I had not seen the vid CN refered to because I do not watch him. I knew CN wouldn’t embed so I asked for vid title and timestamp so I didn’t need to watch all of it. I asked for this because I knew the youtoober wouldn’t have stated what CN painted him as stating. I then left the evidence for anyone who gave a shit (zero) to see for themselves.

I literally saw you embed his video the other day.