**Official** Physicists are freaks and very weird dudes LC Thread

Holy crap, it’s actually tasteful and well designed!

1 Like

For $300 million it better come with its own golf course

Of course it’s in LA. Real estate around here has lost all connection with reality. New 1000 sq foot condos a few doors down from me are listing for close to a million. I live in a shitty part of town too.

My family has been pressuring me to buy a home - I keep telling them yea, maybe out of state. Then they get pissy about that too.

https://twitter.com/The_Law_Boy/status/1349062927932940292

17 Likes

Facebook is selling me peeping devices now

Wonder if I’ll see this on the upcoming season of Million Dollar Listing LA

1 Like

They tend to try and sell me stuff I’ve already purchased…

3 Likes

I need an American translation here.

Got a message on linkedin a couple weeks ago from a recruiter. I’m not actively looking for a job but whatever. Went through two interviews. Before, after, throughout he basically contacted me nonstop. Asking for updates, reminding me of dates etc.

I sent some ‘assignment’ they tasked me with after the two interviews, took me a few hours but whatever.

Then 10 days and I haven’t heard from him or them.

Now I understand that I didn’t get the job. I probably couldn’t even take it if I did, but I was bored. But is it really common practice for neither the company nor the recruiter to send a simple “thanks but no thanks” email after you actually spent hours working on a task they asked for?

This would be completely unacceptable where I’m from. What is even the upside here? Like I will obviously never work with that recruiter again. I guess other people don’t care?

1 Like

https://twitter.com/NickRiccardi/status/1349076690266431490

12 Likes

I’m a recruiter. This is unfortunately behavior that is far too common. In fact, I just got ghosted last week by a guy who was trying to recruit me to come work for his recruiting agency. LOL.

4 Likes

My first job out of college I didnt hear from the company for 8 weeks, then they sent me a job offer.

Then the recruiter can say ‘well they are taking their time i don’t have any news yet’. “ghosting” is just impressively stupid because while the company might not give a shit about me, the recruiter is just being dumb here.

And of course, it’s also incredibly rude.

1 Like

As a hiring manager, my guess is that a 10 day gap means they interviewed a couple of people after you (takes up a few days), deliberated over who the preferred candidate is (takes up a few days) and are then negotiating with that person (a few more days). 10 days doesn’t seem that crazy, really, although we usually encourage our recruiters to let people know the process is still ongoing to “keep them warm” in case the preference candidate falls through.

2 Likes

yeah my issue isn’t ‘do i have any chance of getting the job’. It’s that i emailed the recruiter (who called/emailed me like literally 20+ times during the process) and he’s “ghosting” me (i hate that term).

Yeah you’re getting blanked. Fuck him.

Either get used to it or enjoy the rest of your life not having to deal with recruiters.

mrs jal is a recruiter and hates scumbags like him.

Right, we’re on the same page. If that was my recruiting company I’d be a bit upset that they were leaving you hanging.

Sheesh! You purchase one spy camera that fits in the top of your shoe…

3 Likes

Just have a permit raffle in east bumfuck USA for the right to shoot these hippos and problem solved while you also rake in a ton of bucks.

1 Like

“But the corral didn’t work,” Echeverri said, speaking in Spanish over Zoom. “When he felt like he was enclosed, he jumped,” crushing the wooden barrier and escaping into the trees.

He added, “I didn’t know they could jump.”

This is going to be funny until the entire Amazon is overrun with hippos.

Hope they like soya.

Ok so apparently the “hack” was just this donk_ebay guy scraping all of parler. @zikzak confirmed correct