**Official** Physicists are freaks and very weird dudes LC Thread

The only times I had sheep’s brains (some would say I’ve always had them) were in a curry house in the back streets of Brick Lane and they were delicious.

3 Likes

Yea - I was only ~17 at the time but I did like it.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Coldwar_Steve/status/1362519326788575234

Canned tuna or tuna fish is my only hard no. Makes me gag. I can eat raw or seared fresh tuna fine. Wouldn’t order it though.
Olives aren’t a fave, and would pick them off pizza given the choice.
Anything hotter than a jalapeno is a no for me. Not into food hurting.

Seared Foie gras just tastes like seared fat. Good, but not worth the production trouble or price.

1 Like

I’ve only tried oysters as a kid and they made me gag. Wouldn’t eat raisins on their own but would be willing to eat them in a chutney or curry, pilaf etc. Never tried snails but if I go back to France I’ll give them a go, was too broke to afford them first time around, survived on baguettes, cheese and tomato and felt like I was eating superbly. Not quite sure if that was due to the quality of food or my extreme hunger, probably a combo.

Avocado I hated as a kid and adore it now. My nan used to cook tripe and I could never get past the smell to try it. Plus my nan wasn’t much of a cook. Okra is delicious sauteed with green beans and garlic.

I was brought up to eat what was on my plate. Our next door neighbour was Aboriginal and whenever my pop killed a snake on our property he would take it around to her place and she’d cook it up. Snake is quite delicious. I also had crocodile in the Northern Territory and that’s decent. Kangaroo is wonderful if cooked right but otherwise can be really tough and awful. Emu I found a bit tough but possibly it wasn’t cooked right. Camel is quite good particularly if the animal is young.

3 Likes

Probably a banner coming, but go on and vote. This isn’t a big change in anything, but people (hats off to wookie and economist among others) have come up with some pretty simple and workable ways in which to make community decisions.

2 Likes

Holy shit that cholesterol level is nuts!

brains are pretty usual ingredient in Israel, especially for Northern African cuisines. I always find it amusing that a standard Master Chef audition back home would be a Fear Factor test in the US.

I can barely find sweetbreads in restaurants here.

Yeah brains have like no nutritional value and prion disease is a terrifying way to go. I’ll pass.

1 Like

it’s delicious though

3 Likes

I ate brain with a squab dish. I don’t remember much about it other than it wasn’t particularly tasty and kind of mushy.

Lol posted mine and then just read this

do you like “offal” in general? in northern african cuisines it’s usually served in spicy tomato based stew, but it’s great lightly floured and fried with some lemon juice.

Sweetbread is a good comparison.

1 Like

That looks delicious, and to answer your question I’ll simply state that I had to look up what “offal” means lol

Thanks, offal

1 Like

“Scribble me timbers!” - someone who likes to doodle wood

when you stop by the middle east i’ll take you out to eat this:

3 Likes

From the ingredients that sounds absolutely delicious. One of my favourite dishes in a cheap n cheerful Italian I used to frequent was chicken livers and hearts with garlic.

I miss that place more than any other…it went when Soho became gentrified.

La Perla?

No, Pollo.