**Official** Physicists are freaks and very weird dudes LC Thread

Ditto

16, probably more. Like I’ve never had zucchini but going by form, not for me.

I mean who eats liver, egg plant, blue cheese & Brussels sprouts, sourdough bread & olives…

:grinning:

Cue the hate in 1,2,3 :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

I can SORT OF understand hating some of those but who hates sourdough!?!

1 Like

I’m not a bread eater tbh, being brought up on the worst of it in the 70’s put me off a lot of bread products :sweat_smile: A plain white crispy hot roll does me just good.

What can I say apart from I’m used to eating from the food trucks around my city and if they served anything but crispy white rolls the’d be fights. :grinning:

1 Like

I’d say yes:

2 Likes

I think a lot of the variance is down to interpretation of the phrase “things you don’t eat”. My hypothesis is that people with the lower scores are interpreting as “things you absolutely refuse to eat”, and people with higher scores are interpreting it as “things I don’t tend to eat”.

2 Likes

is there any better test for “is this person an american?”

10 Likes

Ranch dressing is like cowboy boots, a big hat, chaps and bolo ties right?

2 Likes

There are a lot of items on that list that i don’t regularly eat but the only one that I would turn down is canned tuna. Not a cauliflower fan either but it can be manipulated to be decent.

My list of items that I won’t eat is pretty small, green bell peppers are probably at the top of it.

There are about 12 "fuck no"s on that list. And about another 12 that I won’t outright refuse, but would rather they not be present in anything I eat.

So close…

1 Like

If I didn’t hate bitty or stringy fruit it’d be 0.

Fuck that gritty shit. Reminds me of eating literal grit when I was about 3 and experimenting.

Imagine me in my local Glasgow shop “Can I have olives on that”

I have no idea if it’s true, but I read somewhere that all food aversions are learned.

I imagine asking for a zuccini is tantamount to asking for yer heed ta tak a batin, or something.

Now if you’d called it by its real name, courgette, it’s a different story

2 Likes

Was in greggs a few years ago :rofl: And the guy in front was asking for a pie & a crispy roll, the server with a smile said we’ve not got any rolls left but I’ve got a panini… When the guy blurted out “Hen, ye canny put a pie on a panini” the whole shop was in stitches.

4 Likes

… and what’s this eggplant thingy … oh an aubergine.

Gotta say I think aubergine skin, when unblemished etc, is gorgeous - just one of the best looking vegetables.

3 Likes

Aubergines are the business. Mrs jal does a tremendous aubergine and minced pork in sauce as a side dish that’s been good enough as a meal in its own right for lunch on occasions.

2 Likes

1 - canned tuna

1 Like