**Official** Physicists are freaks and very weird dudes LC Thread

I noticed this was your first post. Welcome to our community, newuser.

7 Likes

et tu nano

So I guess Claudia Conway is going to be the next Britney.

2 Likes

What happened to the Stonks thread?

I can’t seem to find it anywhere

I always got that new user or long absent poster message, going back a long ass time now. nothing I changed, at least on purpose.

Nano doesn’t really want to post much. I don’t expect her to log in to notice this for a while. Though maybe, I’ll tell her you asked. Btw, she knows you as the Russian/German lady who grabbed the misbehaving teenage boy by the ear. That story was worth sharing.

She really signed up for walrus. She has pretty wide ranging tastes and I think it will be fun for her and all.

3 Likes

Hey politics friends, I thought we might have an Unstuck Chess Tournament.

Noobs welcome, it will be a good opportunity to learn imo, we can discuss a few of the games every round.

Sounds fun. My name on the app is Stockfish Level 8.

3 Likes

https://mobile.twitter.com/Des_Tinney/status/1358891359088881664

8 Likes

My buddy and I were talking about doing this on Palm Beach Island, but we determined that we would either get shot or sued, or it wouldn’t be that interesting because most of the people that live there are either multi-generational wealth or Wilbur Ross-type ghouls.

The champagne/cannabis guy gave me a brief feeling of missing out. When Florida first attempted to pass a medical mj amendment, my buddy and I helped draft/edit the amendment, and we also drafted the bill that would have become the implementing legislation, so we were set up to be the top legal experts on medical marijuana in Florida. The amendment failed to pass by like a couple points, and that was that.

The high this week is -20C. Just had to drive the gf to work because her car wouldn’t start.

Lol Winnipeg.

I’m sitting here atm trying to get ready to brace the short 300 yard walk to the shops for milk & cereal as I’ve ran out and it’s only 3/4 inches of snow and around - 2…the only time I’ve been around a temperature - 18 was around 1994 and I think I froze up literally. :blush:

As a lifelong california resident I feel like these temperature numbers are just abstract to me, I have no real concept of them.

In our local mountains at 8,000 feet it was 60F yesterday lol

3 Likes

Yeah it was -18C in Prague once when I was there and waiting even just 5 minutes or so for a bus was a totally different experience from the -5C we’ve occasionally had here.

2 Likes

Hop on a flight to MN this weekend you’ll have a blast!

The difference doesn’t feel linear to me, like the difference between 30F and 10F isn’t much at all but the difference between 10F and -10F is big and then when you start getting to -20 or -30 it’s like I could easily lose some body parts pretty quick if I don’t dress appropriately.

I went to college in a place that could have extremely cold winters and every year they’re be students who would die trying to walk home from the bars or passing out in their yard or some random snowbank.

Feels to me like there’s a bigger difference between 30 and 10. I can still wear a hoodie if I run to the grocery at 30. 10 and -10 are both “fuck, no” weather and I’m wearing the same stuff in either case.

2 Likes

I guess its a good thing the bigger US cities that get snow are pretty flat.

I’ve actually been in MN in February on the way to Vegas & stepped outside for a smoke after departing the plane for our connecting flight in shorts :sob:and some smart ass American was like “Hi, I guess you didn’t expect this” my response was along the lines of “Shoulda wore the kilt”

:rofl:

1 Like