**Official** Physicists are freaks and very weird dudes LC Thread

Yea we do the same, once the family had like a bunch of Significant others and then a bunch of grandkids it became too much. I’d be fine with no gifts. Especially since thats one thing my wife took care of, even this year, but starting next year i’ll have to shop myself and I hate it.

Most people don’t realize that you can make your own male to male extension cord. Just cut two cords in half and twist the wires together. You should obviously wrap each of the two or three bundles of wires in electrical tape SEPERATELY, for safety. Just a helpful trick that BIG CORD doesn’t want you to know about.

3 Likes

90% sure that’s my uncle Mike - famous for trying to grab the cake-cutting knife from his sister and slicing his fingers to the bone - also running from one end of the house to the other and slamming himself against the door for hours on end.

2 Likes

So I got my nephew this for christmas.

Fuckin sweet, three feet tall, 2000 pieces, each stage detaches. Was looking for the awesome Lego pirate ships they used to have 30 years ago but they apparently only make terrible Disney PotC ones these days. The good lego pirate ships that I had growing up sell for like 1000 bucks a pop now for a used set? Why don’t they just make good lego pirate ships?

Anyway, this set is an amazing value, $119 for a 1969 piece lego set. Very good.

7 Likes

This looks awesome. My youngest son loves legos, but it’s so hard to spend the money to buy the complicated Star Wars shit that he’d really want.

Also, WTF aren’t these posts happening in the appropriate thread?

This thread is for low content stuff. Like the fact that Christopher Cross is a completely underrated artist.

2 Likes

Was he the Daddy Mack or the Mack Daddy?

4 Likes

every single piece detaches

9 Likes

Another surprise Taylor Swift GOAT album drops tonight, boom.

https://mobile.twitter.com/SlenderSherbet/status/1336772219280691200

5 Likes

BreadTube

I meant each stage detaches and has the rocket nozzles that look pretty accurate. Also you can put the lunar lander inside the 3rd stage fairings.

The only counter argument is some people feel a deep sense of love from receiving and giving gifts.

I personally don’t and hate gift giving too.

1 Like

Ya its a love language YO

2 Likes

Me every Christmas: Oh that’s great mom! Thank you so much for this giant jigsaw puzzle that won’t fit on the plane, I have no idea where to put in my place, and I will never open anyway!

3 Likes

This, exactly.

https://twitter.com/chrislhayes/status/1337078519826886657?s=21

4 Likes

Fuckkk :disappointed:

https://mobile.twitter.com/egojunk1/status/1336697521909985283

8 Likes

I used to get stranded at my step-grandparents’ as a kid, where the most interesting thing to do was Reader’s Digest. Humor in Uniform - gets me every time.

4 Likes

DRAMA IN REAL LIFE

Used to read it everytime I went to the doctors or dentists… :grin: As a kid in the 80’s.