**Official** Physicists are freaks and very weird dudes LC Thread

“Leagues” is an encapsulation of a real-world phenomenon that’s almost never helpful to be thinking about imo. We’re already gregarious and hierarchically-minded; if you’re thinking about approaching the person, you’re probably inside their range. Everything you’ve been through up until now has taught you to try and ensure that.

2 Likes

Marc Clotet doesn’t seem all that great.

According to wiki he’s an actor and model. I think he makes the cut.

Also he wasn’t dating peak Ana.

If we go far enough back, stim may have had a shot if they were both in middle school at the same time.

George Conway, dad of the year

https://twitter.com/gtconway3d/status/1361145492407783429?s=21

Damn, got rejected nicely. She just responded with StimAbuser! Happy valentines day! with a valentines day heart gif lol.

Aw well, I tried

4 Likes

We have a thread for that.

1 Like

Anyways, I thought this was amusing. Would be interested in the takes of anyone who was a high school theatre kid. (I was not.)

https://twitter.com/SocksxMC/status/1360730976922574849

Yikes. Reading that sober is a little cringe-inducing.

Nevertheless, stim and everyone else are welcome to come tell their Valentine’s stories, happy or sad.

Can we as a nation just agree to not pay attention to whatever the Conways are doing from here on out? Poor Claudia just never had a chance at a normal life.

5 Likes

I will pay attention because I like train wrecks.

“Looks like next harvest will be even better”.

1 Like

Sure, once we agree not to slow down and rubberneck at the accident on the side of the road.

1 Like

I’m ambivalent about this.

If you know nothing about this person, is Quince Mountain an awesome name or a stupid name? (This is the real name of a real person who was not born with that name.)

• I would be happy to name my child Quince Mountain
  • It would be child abuse to name your kid Quince Mountain

0 voters

1 Like

Quince like rinse or quince like… well like the other pronunciation

I assume quince like the fruit. Why would it be anything else?

Anyways, Quince Mountain is the name of the first openly trans person to a) appear on Naked and Afraid and b) race in the Iditarod. He was trending on Twitter due to a dead dog (well, his dog was), so I looked him up. Never watched Naked and Afraid, so I can’t tell you what that is like.

I can’t decide if I think the name is awesome or stupid. I assume this name was chosen and does not match Quince’s birth certificate. I guess it probably depends on the story behind it, but I can’t help but feel that if I wrote a novel with a protagonist named Quince Mountain, I would be laughed at for picking that name. It might work for a comic book character, though.

Some reading if you are interested in Mountain’s life:

This is disgraceful

https://twitter.com/americanidol/status/1361187986197663747?s=21

1 Like

The entire Conway thing is the quintessential example of awful American culture. Anyone paying attention is ghoulish.

1 Like

We’re all just counting the years until the sex tape drops.

1 Like

5 Likes