NL Holdem Resources

Started playing with some people from work. Basically I know how to play limit holdem from 2007 :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

What’s the state of the art literature these days?

1. Any play that is solver approved is good.
  2. Any play the solver makes some nonzero % of the time is solver approved.
  3. All plays are good.
5 Likes

wtf is solver

The 2+2 strat forums are a complete shithole now, I know that. If you knew how to play in 2007 here’s the main differences.

1. Small open raises are a thing. Some people min raise. 2.25X is fairly standard. A 3X open is considered large now.

2. People bet flops small now. Like 1/3 pot.

Other than that, everything you learned in 2007 is probably still good. This advice only applies to online games. The live 1/2 games are still a complete fish tank with people opening 6X and getting called by 98o.

2 Likes

They have this software now that you can put in a spot you were in and 3 weeks later it will tell you that you should bet 27.43% of the time and check the rest. Good luck with that.

8 Likes

FYP. This is how I justify all my kamikaze river bluffs.

3x is fine LIVE? or online? Coz when I play live you basically gotta 6x minimum or everyone calls/3bets you

AH. I knew how to play LIMIT holdem in 2007.

I never fucking bothered with NL because it’s awful. But so many more people play that nowadays so

2 Likes

It’s all training videos. People don’t read as much poker literature these days.

@David_Sklansky

2 Likes

Who has time for a video though

loldocumentaries

2 Likes

Learn how to play videos at 2x speed.

1 Like

This has what I found. They also seem to double barrel a ton. It’s weird. I’m bluff raising turns after their little flop cb a lot online at least

Are blockers still a thing, or is that phase over?

I’m pretty sure you’re supposed to call river shoves with bottom pair now as long as your kicker blocks the but straight or something.

1. Purchase solved preflop ranges.
  2. Purchase solver and use ranges to solve for nash.
  3. Deviate from nash when playing recs.

Or just play your 2007 game on PokerBros and print.

Everyone is still absolutely horrible, just use your brains.

in 2007 people called allin with garbage preflop, now they shove allin with garbage preflop (at least in tournaments)

well unless it’s suited on iggy/bov then they might call it off anyway

1 Like

Always 7 bet with A5s pf
Always 3 bet broadways pf because you block half the premium pairs
Never bet more than 25% on the flop
Never bet less than 225% on the river

1 Like