Netflix Watch Party for LOVE ME TINDER (HGW: S1E2)

As awful as this guy comes off, going from never getting a date in school to having women competing to have sex with you would make maturing as an adult a nearly impossible task for anyone.

1 Like

I am really curious about that Big Brother invite. He acted like, oh I just magically got a Big Brother invite in my mailbox. Yeah that doesn’t happen. There is more of a story there.

1 Like

We need a Watch Risky Watch TV containment thread at this point

1 Like

Finally got around to watching this. As someone who used Tinder/Bumble an insane amount over the past few years before meeting my girlfriend 10 months ago I figured I’d chime in:

1. They paint the dating apps as super casual, but I’ve found that they can be whatever you want them to be. I’ve straight up told women I was only looking for a FWB and met as such, but also found it super easy to meet incredible, career-driven girls with longer term plans in mind.

2. They give the impression that people are constantly ghosting, everyone’s flaky, too many options, etc., but I didn’t really find this to be the case. If you are a weirdo and can’t read cues at all, you’ll probably be ghosted a lot b/c people will find you creepy. But I almost never would have a solid connection with a girl, then they just disappear out of the blue.

3. For someone who is around gorgeous women all the time, James is surprisingly bad around women. In the few interactions they showed w/the girl he was casually dating, Alexis, he made numerous little mistakes that would probably sink him if he were just an average dude in the dating world. Luckily he can get by on his fame and looks.

4. Yes, that one girl that James ghosted seemed super clingy, and she should have been able to easily read the signs that there was nothing between them, but still it was a dick move by James to send the “what time were you thinking?” text and then just straight ghost after her next response.

1 Like