The Television Streaming Thread: Now With Felonies

When I click join the party it’s just a link to Netflix? Are we all just posting in here while we watch? Is it 5:30 PST?

Here’s the kicker - never seen Rounders in my life.

Holy crap how is this possible.

1 Like

giphy

8 Likes

What in the actual fuck

I know but think how fun it’s gonna be to live through me popping my Rounders cherry!

1 Like

HYPE!

Here is the discussion thread we’ll use when the movie starts.

https://unstuckpolitics.com/t/rounders-movie-night/1305

This is gonna be amazing. Have you at least heard of Unlimited Hold Them?

3 Likes

I don’t want to make any assumptions if you haven’t seen Rounders, @suzzer99. Do you know the show that gif is from?

2 Likes

Good Christ cuse, there are some questions you simply don’t ask because if the answer is the wrong one…

1 Like

I have a guess.

For fans of the Circle, the Brazilian version is 2/3 released and so far it’s been similar quality. Only problem is unless you speak Portuguese you need to read subtitles, so it’s tough to throw on as a background show.

I did lose interest in season 2 though. I couldn’t get into the dock worker guys. I may pick it up again someday.

Watching Tiger King.

Curious what the difference is between a sanctuary and what Joe Exotic did. A sanctuary keeps them restricted too but it’s just a fancy cage. Sanctuaries feed them by hand as does Joe. Both do tours of their place and profit off of it. The only difference is personality. One sounds like a hippie. The other sounds nuts. But they fundamentally do the same thing. I mean how can Carole be supported by PETA when she does exactly what he does?

I guess in the end, him putting a hit on her was the real difference.

I’m sure I’ll find out. Just watching episode 1 now.

Did not realize Ace Ventura takes place in the Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul universe

3 Likes

I just watched Shawshank Redemption last night for the first time. People getting annoyed at us for not having seen goat movies (happens to me regularly) are just jealous that we get to experience them for the first time still. At least that’s what I tell myself.

5 Likes

People getting “annoyed” that you haven’t seen a movie are idiots. People being surprised you haven’t seen GOAT movies from a few decades ago secretly think you’re hipsters who have waited for this moment of glory for your whole life. Blow their minds and watch it on VHS!

1 Like

Whatd you think?

Thoroughly enjoyed it. Acting was phenomenal. Obviously Morgan Freeman is incredible, but I think Tim Robbins killed it in his role. Compelling story that made me laugh at times, get pissed off many times, and get emotional at times. Great mix of drama and action. I totally understand why it is considered one of the best movies of all time.

Is it my personal favorite? I’m not sure. But it is damn good either way.

2 Likes

Audio commentary for that one is also amazing

Let’s have an impromptu watch party!

In the #2 spots

I flipped a coin and it came up heads, so let’s watch Ex Machina at 4:30 pm EST. That’s in a little under an hour.

Anyone with IT, AI, or philosophy experience encouraged to join. This one is for deep thoughts but also a ton of surface fun. Oscar Isaacs GOAT. Alicia Vikander GOAT. Alex Garland (director/screenwriter) GOAT GOAT GOAT.

We will use a dedicated thread on Unstuck to discuss the movie.

Join the Party

@anon46587892