The Television Streaming Thread: Now With Felonies

One thing we haven’t checked is if it works across regions…

In other news, Altered Carbon S2 is pretty good, although a bit weird, new sleeves for the main character but the same dystopian future. I’m liking it.

Obv Rounders is great for first Party viewing but we gotta watch this next. Just released today. Looks legit.

https://collider.com/the-platform-review-netflix/

The facility is a prison of sorts that’s structured vertically. Two inmates call each floor home for exactly 30 days. At the end of that period of time, gas fills the structure, knocks them all out and when they wake up, they’re on a new floor. Why does the floor they’re on matter? Because they’re only fed once a day for a matter of minutes via the platform.

It begins on floor 0 where it’s loaded up with a dream-like assortment of drinks, salad, chicken, cakes and more and then, the platform descends floor by floor. Floor 1 gets the food of their choice, then their leftovers move to floor 2, floor 3, and so on. While that might not sound all that bad for the folks higher up, imagine calling floor 100 home – or even floor 48 for that matter. When the floors above you are stuffing their faces and even stepping on the table to get what they want, there’s a good chance you’ll be left with their unappetizing remnants – if you’re left with any food at all.

I don’t see Rounders on Netflix.

If we did, we could use Netflix Party for synchronized viewing.

I apologize, it is indeed Netflix (US) but maybe not available in other regions.

@anon46587892 maybe it’s time for us to decide on a day and pop up the Party banner announcement? I got a feeling we’re all a little frazzled and I should just schedule viewings for anyone to join. If it’s just me watching and commenting from time to time, so be it.

1 Like

I see it. Just had to use a VPN.

Not sure how good my connection will be though.

1 Like

Set the banner for tonight at 8:30 EST plz

That’s in a little less than three hours for anyone who doesn’t own a watch

JOIN THE PARTY

1 Like

When I click join the party it’s just a link to Netflix? Are we all just posting in here while we watch? Is it 5:30 PST?

Here’s the kicker - never seen Rounders in my life.

Holy crap how is this possible.

1 Like

giphy

8 Likes

What in the actual fuck

I know but think how fun it’s gonna be to live through me popping my Rounders cherry!

1 Like

HYPE!

Here is the discussion thread we’ll use when the movie starts.

https://unstuckpolitics.com/t/rounders-movie-night/1305

This is gonna be amazing. Have you at least heard of Unlimited Hold Them?

3 Likes

I don’t want to make any assumptions if you haven’t seen Rounders, @suzzer99. Do you know the show that gif is from?

2 Likes

Good Christ cuse, there are some questions you simply don’t ask because if the answer is the wrong one…

1 Like

I have a guess.

For fans of the Circle, the Brazilian version is 2/3 released and so far it’s been similar quality. Only problem is unless you speak Portuguese you need to read subtitles, so it’s tough to throw on as a background show.

I did lose interest in season 2 though. I couldn’t get into the dock worker guys. I may pick it up again someday.

Watching Tiger King.

Curious what the difference is between a sanctuary and what Joe Exotic did. A sanctuary keeps them restricted too but it’s just a fancy cage. Sanctuaries feed them by hand as does Joe. Both do tours of their place and profit off of it. The only difference is personality. One sounds like a hippie. The other sounds nuts. But they fundamentally do the same thing. I mean how can Carole be supported by PETA when she does exactly what he does?

I guess in the end, him putting a hit on her was the real difference.

I’m sure I’ll find out. Just watching episode 1 now.

Did not realize Ace Ventura takes place in the Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul universe

3 Likes