National Basketball Association - 2023/24 Season

https://twitter.com/o_a_khan/status/1676339836465328128

3 Likes

I wasnā€™t grantā€™s biggest fan and Iā€™m not exactly sad to see him go but Dillon Brooks getting $26m more than him is hilarious

1 Like

I hope Oshae Brissett can handle Giannis running into him for 20 minutes a game and make a three or two.

Iā€™m not a cap wizard, and maybe BOS would have gone above the 2nd apron this year with the Grant contract, but I wonder if they could have matched the full MLE offer, keep him for the year (I think they couldnā€™t trade him for one year), and then move him when Brownā€™s extension kicks in. Iā€™m good with the Porzingis move, but that front court is even more fragile now, and Grant had outsized importance against the teams they need to beat the most (MIL, PHI, MIA, DEN). Asking a year older Horford to keep doing as much against Embiid and Giannis is trouble.

Iā€™m sure my guy @KeithSmithNBA will break it down and tell me why it wonā€™t work.

Yeah, they wouldā€™ve hit the 2nd tax apron unless they shipped someone else out. Makes sense, too bad, canā€™t keep 'em all. I donā€™t know how the math would have worked with Smart + Grant instead of the Zinger, seems like it could have been done.

I really enjoyed Osageā€™s time with the Pacers. He never could stay consistent enough to get minutes from Carlisle, but the guy always hustles. Good depth piece!

1 Like

Just ran the numbers real quick - Grant on Corner 3s the last 3 seasons including playoffs:
165-378 for 43.7%

Porzingis is at 51%, but only 47 attempts.

Brissett was 35.8% on 151 attempts.

Iā€™ll enjoy watching Dallas. I am a secret Kyrie-enjoyer. Athletic says Grant and Luka are friends.

Of course she did

every damn headline is some mad libs shit or random AI tabloid output

The man is quickly entering the void occupied by Miles Bridges, Ray Rice, et. al. The Ben Pfeifers of the world have the vapors already.

wemby biggest bust of all time confirmed

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1677506784347717632

I am actually going to watch my first summer league game ever, today. What is wrong with me.

Also Chet and scootā€™s ROTY odds had to drop.

Watching mavs playing okcā€¦ offense horrible early except for Cason Wallace who is all okc offense even though he didnā€™t practice.

Holy shit.

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1683847244573712385

Good day for conspiracy folk between this and the Obamaā€™s Chef

1 Like

Jaylen Brown super maxā€™d

I guess, heā€™s not that type of guy but what else you gonna do

god damn at the bron news, happens every year cause we are human but when itā€™s an athlete pedigree of lebronā€™s caliber just that much more at the holy shit

What can teams do now except trade guys like Brown and others with 2 years left on their deal for a bunch of picks so they only end up supermaxing top 8 players and not top 30 guys?

they could have traded him for KD last year and they 100% win the east and probably at least a flip against Denver.

Bronny ā€¦ not Bron

I hope his contract stipulates that he must practice dribbling for 30 minutes every day

Donā€™t really have a choice. The way nba salaries work is broken. The top guys are way underpaid, the next tier are often overpaid because they get lumped in with the top tier.

Or he can only pick up the check with his left hand.