National Basketball Association - 2023/24 Season

Russ signs with the Clip Show for 2 years/<8M

he was named to 2nd team all nba defensive team

heā€™s a weird guy to evaluate, I donā€™t see many memphis games but he was the 2nd best player on that team at times. Heā€™s also willing to go below the belt, some guys just arenā€™t or maybe houston wanted toughness with a young roster.

Theyā€™re building like memphis so get a guy who knows what to do with that I guess.

FVV/Jalen Green/Porter is a bit of overlap to me but why not itā€™s a guard league these days. I just donā€™t know, Houston seemed better off just letting the kids play and hope they develop rather than this but we shall see.

Even though I am a Rockets fan, Iā€™m actually enjoying this. Go fuck yourself Fertitta

Knicks signing DiVicenzo 50mm/4y. trying to recreate the Villanova championship team? Mikal Bridges might be expensive to get

I can see signing a veteran PG for a young developing team. Helps direct the plays and gets the guys good shots. Brooks just makes no sense to me, unless your goal is to teach them to be dirty players.

Maybe they trying to get to salary floor. New CBA requires teams be there at start of season instead of end.

FVV is underrated and was an integral part of the Raptors title team. Also only 29 so you are basically getting his prime or close years.

And Derek Jeter won gold gloves

Why not absorb bad contracts and get some 1st round picks out of it?

Are people still able to get frp for bad contracts? Seems like that is much less common than it used to be.

Depends on how bad the contract is and where the pick is in the draft, also what FAs there are they want to sign. With a more punitive luxury tax I can see it happening.
Alternatively they can give you a decent young player along with the bad contract and some 2nd rounders.

1 Like

Yeah I just saw a three team nets/heat/trailblazers trade that included the nets giving up a second first to get off Simmons. Although I am skeptical the trade happens.

The Kings just used the 24th pick to salary dump Richaun Holmes.

Lol. After I wrote that I was like didnā€™t mavs just do that?

I take it all back,

@NoMatterWho - Iā€™ve been traveling, how did Harden do in getting that max you and @NotBruceZ were sure heā€™d get?

2 Likes

I donā€™t think I said he would get the max.

I apologize - I misremembered - your take was that Harden was never actually a free agent last summer (even though he was a free agent for a month).

It wasnā€™t absurd, which was your (wrong) point.

We know this based on the credible reporting you helpfully cited.

Credible reporting? Which team is it that offered Harden $200 million?

LOPEZ BROTHERS REUNITED

1 Like