National Basketball Association - 2023/24 Season

I look forward to the day when Durant, Harden, and Chris Paul are out of the league. I feel like we’re all held hostage by at least one of them every year with their will they/won’t they, where do they want to play now drama.

https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/1674784931963338753?s=20

Fucking finally! I won’t miss JVG

I like him. 🤷

He was good and bad… Mark Jackson was just awful.

2 Likes

He was entertaining and would occasionally say thought-provoking things.

Max Kellerman and Suzy Kolber are out, too. It’s really just going to be the Stephen A show over there.

Jabari Parker is on the Bucks’ Summer League squad.

Mavs signed kyrie 3 years 126 million dollars.

About the best I could have hoped from the mavs in this situation. Don’t really want kyrie but they kind of stuck.

Apparently draymond re signed with warriors. I hate draymond so much. He punched Poole because Poole said he was going to go play in sacremento. I hate the warriors for not appropriately punishing green.

3/130 for Freddie, dude bet on himself and got that bag.

160m for 5 years for Jeremy Grant. 104m for 4 years for Cam Johnson.

I don’t follow basketball that closely but that contract seems insane. Good for FVV.

what’s insane is the amount some of these guys who are just role players or backups are getting

at least he’s a starter

glad to see FVV get that bag too, he went to a not great HS but even in JH everyone could see he had a chance so he was kept away from the trouble part of life. and only got offered to wichita state really, and then was undrafted (wtf nba, he was on that 1 seed unbeaten reg season team and you supposed scouts and gm’s still didn’t watch literally any of that wtf do you all do anyway).

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1674997084867420161

Desmond Bane 5yrs, $207M damn

I’m OK with Dame’s trade request, but now I’m terrified the POR FO is going to fuck this up. If they trade Dame to MIA and just receive Heat assets (Herro (LOL), couple 1st round picks) they should fire Cronin. A third team is required to move Dame to MIA IMO

That seems crazy. Grizzlies have three guys that will get big bags yet none of them are worth it on a relative scale. I only include ja because he has real issues. Bane and JJJ are good players but I don’t see the puzzle coming together.

lol dillon brooks getting 80mm/4 from Houston

1 Like

I don’t see bane as a cornerstone max guy either but it looks like role players are getting 20m/year for some reason.

The pacers are the only team where Obi Toppin might actually do something. They’re building a transition team and that’s the thing he doesn’t suck at.

Houston paying a lot of money for players who aren’t shooters.

he had a -3.9bpm last year. -2.0 is considered replacement level.
I know advanced stats aren’t perfect, but when you’re that bad I was wondering if he would even get a NBA contract next year, let alone more than the vet min.