National Basketball Association - 2023/24 Season

Bucks on the second of a back to back. Middleton out, Beauchamp out, Crowder out, Giannis probable. Mavs haven’t played since Wednesday.

Even at optimal scheduling and health, Bucks have been bad this season, so Mavs would probably win anyway.

I don’t share your confidence. Kyrie been hurt on and off and thj got hurt in last game and not sure if he is good to go.

Scheduling does suck though. I especially don’t like b2b being part of the tournament games.

That was a fun game. The four stars were fantastic.

Giannis Gronkowski

Pacers Hawks had a 252.5 total line which might be the highest i’ve ever seen.

3 mins left to play and it’s 145-143

Is that good? Is the NBA a better spectacle now that teams average 120/game like in the 80s? This is a genuine question, I don’t watch very much basketball anymore.

Probably? Even a little over 10 years ago a bunch of guys on every team couldnt shoot. Now if you cant, youre not in the league.

1 Like

So no more modern day Hack-a-Shaq going on?

I think I heard them say on TNT that it was only the 3rd time two teams combined for at least 300 points in a non-OT game.

Last kind of happened when Ben Simmons was playing I guess? Obviously not 100% of the league are good shooters but the talent is much higher

It’s been done against Nick Claxton.

Watching my first full NBA game of the year. Has officiating always been this horrendous? Some of these calls feel more like professional wrestling than pro basketball.

Officiating has been pretty whack

1 Like

I’ve been surprised that Giannis hasn’t ever been given the Hack-a-Shaq treatment, but I’m guessing it’s because he has shown that he can have stretches where he hits his free throws, like in the title clincher a couple years ago. He’s not someone who you know has no chance at making them.

(and early in his career, he was a 70+% free throw shooter, so he certainly has it in him to be decent)

Celtics did it a couple times this year - once again Mitchell Robinson and I’m semi blanking on the other, might have been Jakob Poeltl. The Robinson one I remember worked out great - he missed both free throws.

That Cavs-6ers game was a joy, except for the officiating. Give me 7 games of Darius Garland v. Maxey.

Craig Porter seems like a guy. I looked him up - 6’1" and has only taken 1 three point attempt all year, so I assume he just can’t shoot.

1 Like

the game was very fun. if every game was like that maybe it would wear out but it was something else. especially Haliburton (who is probably my favorite player in the league) 3rd quarter where he had 26 points and was just having the time of his life out there.

1 Like

Big difference 60% and 40%, two 60% FTs is essentially the same expected points as a Klay Thompson 3

1 Like

It’s been so bad. The 4th quarter of the Mavs v Bucks was an embarrassment and overall it’s just so damn inconsistent.

I watched Embiid commit at least five fouls that were called on his defender instead. In one instance, he literally backed his ass on the perimeter away from the basket toward a defender just standing behind him, and somehow that was a foul. Never seen anything like it.

And there were just as many egregious calls the other way. Not even talking about close ones. Just so-obvious-my-blind-grandmother-could-see-it variety ones. It’s barely a sport anymore.