National Basketball Association - 2023/24 Season

Good chance I will be in Vegas during the finals of the in-season tournament. Might be in a tournament, though.

https://twitter.com/ESPNNBA/status/1721693069458735384?t=70ViRDc0MYZSt5dCns9TIw&s=19

4 Likes

He elevated to get that block.

Why no games tonight? Itā€™s weird, is there something I donā€™t know about happening?

1 Like

The woke NBA doesnā€™t schedule games on election night.

3 Likes

Bulls game was really fun, but such a tough loss. Caruso is so likable and fantastic. The Lonzo injury just killed this team. It might never have been elite even at full strength, the combo of deebo + LaVine + Vuc just doesnā€™t really work, and as a first option zach is a bum, but these guys were #1 in the east at the break two years ago and Lonzo made everything click and defensively he + AC were savages. Chicago sports has been in the dumps for a long time now. Also fuck Grayson Allen, ideally in the spine, but heā€™s a solid piece for them

I read that and honestly thought Allen had injured Caruso.

1 Like

ah sorry, sloppy post, though I guess he did break Carusoā€™s wrist two years ago, and got suspended for it but still never reached out to Caruso, which definitely broke backstage NBA player norms especially because Caruso needed surgery and was out two months, and itā€™s true Grayson probably couldnā€™t walk down state street for five minutes without getting harassed, whether by bulls fans or just by folks who think heā€™s colossus ted cruz, but nope nothing happened tonight. From what I saw he played well. Grayson might not be a great guy or first name and I think he has impolite impulses, but heā€™s clearly a very competitive guy and a sweet shooter and if he was on my team then iā€™m sure I would still hate him

1 Like

Mark Cuban couldnā€™t get his tourney floor to work so they had to use the regular floor. Mark Cuban and that floor. Remember when the roof was leaking on the court.

Edit: apparently in Denver last week the tourney court was not regulation three point line and they had to repaint it after shoot around.

1 Like

Nick Nurse might be a good coach.

1 Like

Ime Udoka too.

JBB? He might not be.

man the announcer here is having a good time on a thrilling hornets wizards november game

https://twitter.com/HornetsOnBally/status/1723165946284491012

Hardenā€™s clippers off to a great start. Two losses in NY and now losing by 20 in the first half to the Mavs.

Luka always plays well vs clippers. He had 26 in first half, kyrie had 20.

The clippers announcers are big mavs fans, itā€™s weird.

probably for the better, trying to watch this lal vs phx game is like watching boise playing on blue turf in blue jerseys

This NOP/HOU game is fantastic

Mavs clippers 26 point game in fourth both teams still running rotations because point differential is a thing in the tourney.

https://twitter.com/yungmustard23/status/1723162048618434895

8 Likes

my thoughts on Nurse:
Positives:
Give him a superstar offensive player and he knows how to scheme a great offense around it like few others would.
Give him a good offense and heā€™ll be helpful in making them better

Negatives:
Give him a poor half court offense and he eventually stopped caring and checked out.
Once the league adapted to his defense he refused to adjust it and other teams exploited what was one of the leagueā€™s best defenses in terms of talent.
He didnā€™t care about the fundamentals like other great coaches, he just wouldnā€™t play or develop young guys. He was about schemes and winning now at all costs, including overplaying his top guys throughout the regular season.

The Raptors defense is so much better this year than it was the last two years because they are playing a normal defense and letting the great defensive skills of OG, Barnes, Siakam, Poeltl operate normally. I think FVV would also be a really good defender, but in that system he was terrible because he wasnā€™t 6ā€™9 so shooters wouldnā€™t care about him running toward them. Part of that lead Raptors fans to turn on Fred as they saw him as the weak link of the defense.

1 Like