National Basketball Association - 2023/24 Season

https://x.com/_zeets/status/1719235055640596751?s=46&t=hUTQWHj9NQWf8Y8RgMv1TA

4 Likes

uh, the spurs are at phoenix today and the next game is at phoenix 3 days from now

odd

1 Like

that clippers magic game, nobody made a FG until 5 minutes in the game or so

wow this is bad so far lol

clips are 2/19 fg

picking up now, with 3 min left in the 1Q the magic scored and neither team had 10 points yet

edit–not every day the bench outhits the field goals for the starters for both teams in the opening quarter magic bench only had 4 attempts

lol suns for blowing that, the spurs only led the game for one second

Durant is like “I could have done this in Brooklyn ffs”

Is this a new thing that’s happening this season or has this been a thing other years and I just didn’t notice?

Just looked at the Spurs full schedule and there are more situations like this.

Nov 20 and 22 vs Clippers
Dec 13 and 15 vs Lakers
Dec 28 and 29 at Portland

And then March 9 they’re at Warriors, then the two teams play again two days later at San Antonio.

They started doing that after the COVID year to cut down on travel.

Also some of these games are tournament games

I didn’t realize until now that the tournament games also count as regular season games. That seems stupid.

well, that would be more games if they didn’t

I assume whatever tournament playoffs are extra games though

Only the teams on the Finals will play an 83rd game (that won’t count in the regular season standings).

I’m eager to see if Jrue and The Buffalo can stop Haliburton from absolutely torching the Cs tonight. He always nuclear against them.

Halliburton is out :frowning:

Cs-Pacers games were a blast with him last year, you’re right they had trouble with him.

The Knicks game was interesting, I’m sure you saw, too - Jrue defended Randle and Jaylen was the main guy against Brunson. Brunson missed some easy ones so his line isn’t good, but I thought Jaylen did well (and I was very skeptical of that matchup).

Boo! I guess Nesmith and Buddy Hield will have to combine for 12 3s instead.

Dame with a solid -26 against the mighty Raptors. :leolol:

What’s up w the bucks?

The Celtics seem ok

Memphis are in trouble.

the heat are 1-4 just lost to the nets
memphis is the last winless team and lost to the wizards already

the entire central division is middling

regular season might matter

Offensively, probably trying to mesh with the addition of Dame; Dame is struggling a bit aside from the first game, also likely feeling his way around his new team. And Middleton is on a minutes restriction. They’ll probably be fine on that end. Fans are worried that Terry Stotts leaving has hurt the team, but I would imagine they’ll figure it all out.

Defense is a concern. Griffin is supposedly a defensive-oriented coach with an aggressive style, yet their defense has been horrid. It seems possible that the personnel doesn’t match the way he wants to play defense. For instance, Brook Lopez has been ineffective and often a liability (I haven’t watched every game, but I believe he’s been pulled away from the basket a lot, which is obviously an odd choice). Fans are REALLY freaking out about the defense and some are already calling for Griffin’s head.

It was obvious there would be a perimeter defense dropoff going from Jrue to Dame (and Beasley), but it’s been crazy bad so far.

I can’t say I’m 0% worried, but I’m perfectly willing to give things some time. Oddly, they’ve beaten two contenders and been blown out by two bad/middling teams.

1 Like