National Basketball Association - 2023/24 Season

bargnani too but europeans have been just as hit/miss as US players in the draft.

jonny flynn over steph curry and demar derozan will never cease to make me laugh

I think it mattered to teams that Giannis hadn’t played against tough competition in Euroleague or anywhere in Europe. And his weak English at the time probably prevented teams from being convinced he had the intangibles to succeed.

Let’s not forget that they also took Ricky Rubio one spot ahead of Flynn.

rubio was really young and a better passer than curry. Like you can say it’s bad but at least there’s an argument and rubio was at least a decent player in the nba even with his fatal flaw of not a shooter so not a star.

flynn no f’ing idea other than he watched those few games that syracuse won the big east tournament–curry was better in all regards

1 Like

There’s an argument out there that Flynn could have been good if not for his hip injury. or at least, that’s what some Wolves fans have insisted. He had elite athleticism, which Steph clearly didn’t have, but which I think gets overrated on draft day. I can understand how people would be nervous about Curry, whose scouting report was combo guard rather than point guard who can’t guard either position. I didn’t watch him in college, so I don’t know how I would have felt at the time.

Oh for sure. Just funny in hindsight.

Curry also told the Wolves (and the Warriors) not to draft him. The Wolves listened because Wolves.

1 Like

Wow, I had never heard that before.

There have been stories about Curry, and his family, not wanting to go to the Warriors that have gotten out over the years. Stories about how Curry didn’t work out for the Warriors and made it clear in closed-door discussions that he had no desire to play there. Steph liked the fast pace the Knicks played with at the time, and Dell has mentioned on a number of occasions that the Warriors’ losing culture and bad locker room leadership was a big deterrent in their mind.

Nevertheless, Nelson took Curry.

David Stern’s voice still echos in my nightmares.

“With the first pick in the 2013 NBA draft, the Cleveland Cavaliers select…Anthony Bennet of UNLV….”

Cut to Bill Simmons’ incredulous reaction.

Lakers going with a new injury report strategy this season…

LeBron James and Anthony Davis are good to go and not on Tuesday’s injury report.

LeBron’s streak:

• 1/25/22 is last time he wasn’t on the IR
  • Had been on IR for 133 straight games

AD’s streak

• 11/26/21 is last time he wasn’t on the IR
  • Had been on IR for 160 straight games

Alright Opening Night! I have Fubo, which doesn’t come with TNT. I just tried logging in to my parents’ Xfinity Stream, and it won’t let me watch TNT because I’m not on their home wifi. I’m probably going to buy League Pass this year (Bucks and Wembanyama alone may be worth it) and even if I did that right now I couldn’t watch because it blocks out TNT games. So, happy shitty pirated stream shitty buffering what the fuck just happened it’s all blocky and frozen FUCK Day to everyone else celebrating!

2 Likes

The only way I know

1 Like

Wiggins was so bad offensively to a point where he couldn’t be on the court anymore. Kerr closed with Kuminga. Couldn’t get a shot off in a post up on eric gordon. that’s g-league bad.

Nurkic vastly exceeded expectations.

1 Like

NBA is back and so are Magic’s Hot Takes!

https://x.com/MagicJohnson/status/1717006123138732184?s=20

4 Likes

One of the better pirate streams actually has an upgraded stream that also allows you to watch four games at once.

I won’t get into the questionable nature of giving your credit card to a pirate stream. That is for each person to resolve on their own.

That was my biggest takeaway. He played really well.

Rather than give out your CC to these types of services, I highly recommend using a service like privacy.com to give you temporary, burner CC info. It’s very easy to setup and you can even do things like set s monthly limit on how much can be charged to the card.

1 Like

Someone stole kyrie’s scouting report of the spurs from their San Antonio hotel.

1 Like