National Basketball Association - 2022/23 Season (Part 1)

Wow… this piece is juicy. The whole organization needs a reckoning for this hire.

It it divided into 15 slides?

I’m all for hating on him, but the story wasn’t actually juicy. very vague quotes and no real interesting anecdotes. The TJ Warren angle is interesting but not much proof there.

No idea how this is your takeaway. The longest tenured assistant coach quit mid season because he couldn’t take it. Sabonis had to take the head coach aside and tell him to stop being a dick to the staff. Most of the quotes are anonymous, yes, but that’s the nature of the business.

none of the stories sounds extreme to me. you usually get an actual anecdote like he he threw a tantrum. that sounds like general suckiness. compare it to someone like boylen in chicago, those were juicy.

that being said, i had infinite argument on the interwebs about how the Tyrone Lue criticism is pure racism while relative nobodies like Bjork get head coaches jobs all the time and no one raises an eyebrow. glad to learn he sucks balls.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/WorldWideWob/status/1390849868525080576

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/Giannis_An34/status/1393062424153100294

i mean they needed 40 points and 35 minutes out of him to beat a Brogdon, Levert, Turner and Sabonis-less Pacers and still got 133 points scored on them. not the best spot to flex.

1 Like

I think you’re taking it a little too seriously.

self-defecation is a serious matter, sir.

2 Likes

So as we get to the day of ‘should team A lose on purpose to avoid team B in the first round’ bullshit, tell me why my idea is bad -

The number 1 seed in each conference choose their first round opponent from the 5-8 seed (or 5-6 and the play-in winners). Then number 2 seed and so on.

What am I missing and how does it not solve that problem in a much better way than current format?

1 Like

If everything was played straight up, the 6 seed “earned” the right to play the No. 3 seed instead of the best team in the first round. Flipping the “unfairness” from the the top half of the bracket to the bottom half.

1 Like

It solves it but the teams don’t want this bc they’re chickens

1 Like

Yeah, this.

It’s like blind bidding for starting position for OT possession in NFL. It is clearly the best solution, but it just opens coaches to an additional line of criticism. They don’t want to deal with that, so they go with the solution that gives them fewer decisions.

2 Likes

yeah but in this scenario it doesn’t matter if a team wins a game or not. in the current scenario almost every year one team actively gain championship equity by losing. i find that worse.

1 Like

“clearly the best solution”

Need rigid set of rules not wasting 10 minutes before OT starts ffs. Only some nerd can come up with something that bad lmao.

They can just submit the bid pre-game. Only applies if they get to OT. Voila! No time wasting.

That makes even less sense

No it doesn’t. If you’ve got a problem with the time-wasting, that is.

For the field position auction the ref could walk slowly out of the endzone and the first coach to desire field position could throw the challenge flag (not my idea, read it somewhere). Would be nice and dramatic and I don’t see why it would have to take 10 minutes. But like you said, coaches would hate it because they would get blamed if their team loses. There would be some incredible face-melters I’m sure.

1 Like