National Basketball Association - 2022/23 Season (Part 1)

You’re not worried about the undefeated Cavs juggernaut?

1 Like

That’s normal right? Asking for my Kentucky team.

Ja had the be wheeled off the court earlier. Looked like a nasty sprain at best.

The undefeated Thunder lost today.

Who will be the last undefeated team in the NBA?
  • Atlanta
  • Cleveland
  • Indiana
  • Orlando

0 voters

1 Like

did not age great so far

Looking at their next few games:

Atlanta: Wed at Brooklyn, Fri at Brooklyn
Cleveland: Tue vs New York, Thurs at Indiana
Indiana: Tue vs Boston, Thurs vs Cleveland
Orlando: Tue at OKC, Thurs vs Philly

Pacers are winning these games shooting an abysmal percentage from 3. Boston’s depth is so bad right now with Kemba gone. Peyton freaking Pritchard is playing a decent amount of minutes. Dipo is back tonight against Boston so I’m expecting another W.

How does Sexland rank among nicknames for a backcourt duo?

https://twitter.com/jphanned/status/1344075559064674304

2 Likes

I guess this season has more games where the same two teams play consecutive games against each other. I wonder if the team that loses the first game tends to exceed expectations in the second game.

Down go the Cavs.

Lol Cavs. Since the Knicks never draft anybody worthwhile nor do they sign anybody worthwhile, I don’t mind if they over achieve under Thibs and win like 30ish games and not get a high pick, assuming it’s not already traded somehow. Still, all the young players are depressingly awful, sack of potatoes awful. A ray of hope for Quickley based on 3 preseason games is the only bright side.

The Milwaukee Bucks tonight:

1 Like

https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/1344134058272579586

Congratulations to everyone who picked the Orlando Magic as the last undefeated team in the NBA.

Just saw on my local news that Becky Hammon is the first woman to act as head coach in an NBA game. They said Pop got the axe and told her, “you got em.” Pretty cool. Pop rules.

Spurs announcers are so bad

People on r/NBA were calling him Skyfucker. That can’t be a real nickname right? Cuz that’s terrible.

It’s from the Chinese nickname for him.

But Curry’s most interesting Chinese nickname is “Steph Skyfucker” (库昊), which derives from an elaborate series of interlocking visual and verbal puns. It turns out that Chinese also has the phrase “the sky’s the limit” (天空是极限), just like in English. Over time “breaking through the sky” (捅破天) became a way to describe someone who vastly exceeded all expectations. However, in other contexts, the same characters for “breaking through” can be a vulgar slang term for “fuck.” Since Curry defied all expectations to become a superstar, people started saying he had broken through the sky—or fucked it.

Meanwhile, one of the phonetic names for Curry is 库里 (ku li). In this usage, these characters were not intended to represent any specific meaning, just sounds. However some Chinese netizens with dirty minds noticed that the second character, 里, seemed to depict the character for the earth (土), extending upward to sexually penetrate the character for the sun (日). It turns out that the character for sun is also a slang term meaning “to fuck.” So these characters could also be translated as “Curry fucks the sun.” This made people think of the common phrase about Curry “fucking the sky,” so they replaced the character 里 with the character 昊, consisting of “sun/fucks” (日) and “sky” (天). The phrase now translated as “Curry fucks the sky,” hence “Steph Skyfucker.”

3 Likes

Malcom Brogdon.