National Basketball Association - 2022/23 Season (Part 1)

It was an absolute disaster. Thankfully i got another one on Monday.

Auction drafrs are just a train wreck when you get one thing wrong and everything crashes as a result

I have the #1 pick in my draft tonight. Do you still take Harden even with all the drama? Most lists show him as comfortably the best value.

If itā€™s 9-cat iā€™m not taking Harden #1. I rather have AD by quite a bit.

How much of that decision is due to his recent obesity?

i just donā€™t like the situation in general. AD has as much of a ceiling as Harden if not higher. You avoid AD because of uncertainty, but when he also might be the safer pick I think itā€™s an easy pick.

In 8 cat itā€™s a different story.

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/1340062764463747079

1 Like

break up the knicks

Jazz giving Gobert 40m a year seems awful?

1 Like

Instantly one of the worst contracts in the association. Tough to get people to play in Utah tho

Yeah what else are they supposed to do? Let him walk for nothing?

How is it that bad? He seems top 20/25 player and is still only 28. $40 million a year doesnā€™t seem like much, if any, of an overpay for that - especially given itā€™s Utah and they canā€™t get any FAs without massively overpaying.

I see people posting theyā€™re fine being a decent team with no chance at a title.

If that works for you then kudos.

I mean, itā€™s not like if they hang on to the money they paid Gobert that Kawhi is going to sign there. Consistent playoff team with a chance for a deep run if they get lucky with some draft picks is really best case scenario for Utah, and a lot of other teams in the league.

1 Like

But their odds of getting lucky on a draft pick are less because theyā€™re consistently a playoff team

Seems like purgatory

Yeah I donā€™t think they had a choice or anything

They arenā€™t gonna be drafting high with Donovan Mitchell anyway. Best to let Gobert walk so they can draft in the mid teens instead of the mid-20s, slightly increasing their chances of getting super lucky and drafting someone likeā€¦ Gobert

3 Likes

Well I hope they enjoy their participation trophy every year

Donā€™t get the Kuzma signing (or in general the Lakerā€™s love for him). They would be far better off trading him to a team that believes he has upside. Every minute he plays for them next year hurts their title chances. Heā€™s a high volume shooter with below average shooting and plays bad D. Especially now with the Montrezl and Gasol signing, donā€™t see why he should ever play.

it does feel kinda dirty to give rudy 40m+ a year, but iā€™m not sure they had a good alternative.

heā€™s Jeanieā€™s boytoy iirc