National Basketball Association - 2022/23 Season (Part 1)

You talking about the final possession of regulation or overtime? :joy:

1 Like

He shouldā€™ve been gone a long time ago

Last possession of the 4th, last possession of OT, or even after they werenā€™t getting anything going during that last possession.

Coach Joey Mazz looking like a genius compared to BUD.

1 Like

Wtf, I havenā€™t basketball since the refs rigged Rockets/Warriors in 2018. What is this challenge nonsense?

Imagine how Jae feels right now. Demands a trade and then canā€™t even get burn over Wes Matthews and Jingles.

Tomorrow *

He should sue both money grabbers for defamation

2 Likes

Really hope Giannis can win another few. Seems like easily one of the best guys in the NBA, very humble and also honest about what sports is (and isnā€™t).

https://twitter.com/NBATV/status/1651459301469306881

2 Likes

If the Celtics, Warriors and Lakers win their respective series (each currently up 3-2), every seed from 1 to 8 will be represented in the second round.

That would have to be a first in NBA history, right?

2 Likes

Itā€™s going to be tough unless he goes somewhere else. I think the Bucks window may have closed, mayyybe one more season.

Their flaws were exposed in the playoffs: old, unathletic, no real playmakers, and too many guys who get played off the floor. Also, Bud is a good coach, but his inability to adjust and even plan properly were really on display.

They have no real ability to get younger and more dynamic, as they have traded away their draft picks. And the only player they could trade for youth is Giannis.

Idk, to me professional sports is getting paid 40 million/year to give people an escape from reality and pretend that winning a game or a championship is indeed a matter of life and death.

If youā€™re gonna go on and on about how regardless of what happened you still made a shitload of money and can feed your family, well maybe Jimmy Butler and Russell Westbrook deserve that bag for the fans instead.

And yea, if that reporter blew 13 out of 23 layup questions in some interview, Iā€™d call it a failure too.

1 Like

PS thereā€™s a reason why the VC class Cuban, Calacanis etc are hugging his nuts this morning over that answer.

Nobody could have seen that coming!

Seems like semantics to me.

Each year, especially for the overall favorite, that you donā€™t win is a failure. Winning one playoff game is a total failure.

The Jordan example is idiotic. Every year he was supposed to win it all, he did.

Also, the meta point about sports is just wrong. Sport is very clear: there are winners and losers, successes and failures. If you want to celebrate success, but thereā€™s no such thing as failure, you dilute the importance of success. Whatā€™s the point of competition?

1 Like

https://twitter.com/jaredweissnba/status/1651612666996170752?s=46&t=BPOCzlMnie9QX3i9mnMaQw

Tatum recognizes the greatness of Playoff Jimmy.

What a bodyslam by former Celtics first rounder Yabusele

https://twitter.com/basketnews_com/status/1651690275016699908?s=46&t=EpT_uBAvQb_t_poidybiDQ

1 Like

If Giannisā€™ skin were any thinner we could see his skeleton (still can, almost).

His attack of the reporter for not getting a promotion every year (lol?) as somehow indicative of ā€œfailureā€ is absolutely retarded. It might make sense if the reporter was expected to get a promotion every year. But it just reveals the insecurity in a guy thatā€™s supposed to be the best going after some dumbass reporter that couldnā€™t think two moves ahead after asking an incendiary question.

1 Like

Absolutely retarded. Good shit as always.

Completely otherly-abled.

The really retarded aspect of this has been the reaction from lol media types like Adam Schefter and his ilk lauding the response.

Although it does make me even more confident I am right when dumbasses (no offense) like Schefter are on the other side.