National Basketball Association - 2022/23 Season (Part 1)

I believe this came up before in this thread, but lol:

https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/1641253743533387776

1 Like

Portland will have an even better chance to get a franchise player in 2024 seeing as how Dame is (has to be?) done in Portlandia.

I think itā€™s going to be hard to trade Damian after that extension he signed. Who wants to pay a 35/36 yr old Lillard 122 million?

Good news is that '25 draft has a ton of talent.

Lots of teams. Most likely Philly (and Boston if they donā€™t win it this year).

Portland would get an absolutely massive return if they trade him this summer. If they wait until heā€™s 35 itā€™s probably a different story.

My initial reaction was: If the Cs go out in the first or second round, I guess anything could be considered, but I doubt Boston will want Lillard. The Kemba disaster is too fresh, I donā€™t think Brad Stevens wanted a smaller scoring guard with questionable defense to begin with. Lillardā€™s obviously a much better player but Kemba was 29 and coming off 8 straight healthy seasons (maybe too healthyā€¦).

But then I thought: If Boston flames out, and Jaylen Brown doesnā€™t make All NBA, so they canā€™t supermax him, and he makes it clear he wants out. Maybe Lillard is their best option, then.

Either of Smart or White plus Brogdon works, too.

Lillard (now and for the next two years) is streets beyond peak Kemba.

I said Lillardā€™s obviously a much better player.

But 29 coming off a bunch of healthy seasons is much different than 33 and some injuries. Just last season Lillard wasnā€™t very good and people thought the extension Portland gave him was a mistake. I think itā€™s fair to be skeptical heā€™ll be worth that money.

Lillard is also significantly (not in raw terms but in functional terms) bigger than Kemba.

6ā€™1ā€ compared to 6ā€™3ā€ and four inches longer wingspan makes Lillard much less of a defensive liability.

1 Like

Lillard got his weird abdominal muscle injury surgically repaired last off-season and looked physically better this year than the last few. That said I have no idea how many great years he has left.

This is egregious

One thing we can all agree on: itā€™s a shame this Cs-Bucks game tonight is nearly meaningless.

Lakers only 7th in points in paint, so itā€™s not like they are some interior offense outlier.

Itā€™d only be fitting if the Kings epic turnaround got ruined by riggage against the Lakers.

I got stuck at work and missed it.

Did the Bucks even try? I meanā€¦ thereā€™s still a small shot at the #1 seedā€¦right?

I thought they were playing hard, but Giannis did seem to be settling for some jumpers he wouldnā€™t normally.

One of those games where Cs couldnā€™t miss from 3, even on bad shots, and the Bucks couldnā€™t make any open ones.

I only watched the first half, but it looked like they were just gassed. Dead legs. It was the second of a b2b and 5th game in 7 days.

1 Like

Bucks magic number is 4 with 5 games left. It would have been 1 if they won.

https://twitter.com/nathanmarzion/status/1641800025700220928?s=20

NYK/CLE is a fun game, 4th is going to be good