National Basketball Association - 2022/23 Season (Part 1)

They needed to move on from the Sabonis-Turner combo and Sabonis brought better value in a trade.

Keegan Murray showinā€™ out

gonna break the rookie record for 3s

Itā€™s completely amusing to me regarding last year with yuv who will die on that hill that the Kings are the 3 seed (and may get the 2) and the pacers arenā€™t in the playin one year later. (well if I didnā€™t take the pacers at that billion to one longshot beginning of the year, I just needed the playin round but noooo)

the kings may not be favored but that home crowd in the playoffs is going to be insane

I think the Kingsā€™ prospects are vastly better than the Pacersā€™ during the primes for both of the stars traded, and both teams were ~same prior to the trade. Pacers actually a little better lol. So it seems like trade rape occurred. Hard to see otherwise.

Mavs lost both ends of a home-and-home against LOL CHARLOTTE, and Luka is suspended the next game for his 16th tech. They are super duper turbo fucked.

1 Like

Kyrie is gone this off season, and Luka probably demands out too (given his demeanor).

Cuban is such a donk.

1 Like

No Dame, Simons, Grant, or Nurkic. Blazers are +10.5 at home vs OKC. I missed the announcement but itā€™s tank time. Iā€™m not sure how much they can improve their odds.

Let Steve Nash walk back in the day, and Jalen Brunson this year. Two perfect pieces for their respective teams.

How many more teams will fall for the Kyrie foolsā€™ gold?

hopefully the Lakers

1 Like

I sort-of give the Mavs a pass for the trade. They were in a bad spot already with the team being so mediocre despite Luka being a star. They also were down a ton of assets so they couldnā€™t get a top star and either had to get a second tier guy or take a risk on Kyrie. This was of course the results of their prior bad decisions, so in that sense itā€™s their fault, but this one seems at least defensible.

Obviously itā€™s blown up in their face and Iā€™m enjoying Kyrie continuing to destroy every team heā€™s on. Really hope that Luka demands a trade of himself.

For some reason, they rescinded the tech.

At this point I hope mavs get top ten pick because it wonā€™t convey to the Knicks then and they can use it.

If they end up 11th, it will be the best possible result for the Knicks with that pick from the porzingis trade.

Other stuff read today a team offered the nets 4 firsts for Mikal bridges and someone else offered three firsts for O.G. in Toronto, before the trade deadline.

Mikal been killing it offensively with the nets, and he was already a standout DPOY level candidate. Suns going to have to hope they ship this year with Durant.

It was a dumb technical. I do think they give Luka a lot of rope to complain, so maybe it was straw/camelā€™s back thing.

I wouldnā€™t take 3 or 4 late firsts for OG or Mikal tbh.

Obviously you never know when those would be, but rumors are for OG it was stuff like their future bucks and Nuggets picks.

embiidā€™s a hoe for sitting out against jokic tonight after playing both games of a back to back this weekendā€¦

getting outplayed and losing woulda been bad for his mvp chances. something about him has always rubbed me the wrong way, like heā€™s funny sometimes i guess but, i dunno. heā€™s a hoe for tonight tho.

Devin Booker is on a goddam heater this month.

32.7ppg on 56/43/87 splits

All while being guarded by the opponentā€™s #1 wing defender.

Heā€™s going to absolutely feast when guarded by #2s.

Gonna be funny when everyone loses to avoid #5 spot. I think warriors would rather finish 7th and go to the play-in than first round series vs the suns

Crazy pass by luka. Although he didnā€™t smile afterwards. He has lost his smile the second half of this year.

Also jaden Hardy could be quite the player. Was a steal in the second round. Is a fearless scorer who has some defensive upside.

Iā€™ll be the no fun police here.

Thatā€™s a travel.

Not sure the Warriors care.

The Clippers otoh would tank to the play-in to avoid the Suns.

i havenā€™t watched basketball in years but steph/klay/lebron/davis still seem elite stats wise. when i did watch basketball, teams with multiple elite players wouldnā€™t normally struggle to make the playoffs.