National Basketball Association - 2022/23 Season (Part 1)

Openly shit talking the French Infection is an alpha move. Mike Conley is 80 years old.

I didn’t think Garza had the athleticism to stick, it seems I was incorrect. He’s just so skilled

I feel like Jokic has proven that you can be a big man without supreme athleticism and be playable.

I do feel like the big man asset that will be valued going forward is a combo of skill near the basket and court vision/passing ability.

A low post feed that results in either a defended post move with help or a slow kickout that resets the possession is a low value possession.

A low post feed that results in either a solo defended post move or a quick kickout to an open shooter or passes that result in an open shot is a high value possession.

5 Likes

AD says he was upset they were losing. Down five in the third does not earn how he was acting.

2 Likes

Jokic, coupled with Malone’s inability to adjust, got buried in the 2021 Playoffs playing drop on pick and roll. His on/off was -47 in the series, but that actually flatters how well he performed on defense.

Last year doesn’t really count, since he had to play a far superior team completely outmanned, but I think the jury is still out on him being able to stay on the floor against elite pick and roll.

The big man asset that has value moving forward is the big man that can’t be played off the floor on defense, and still has skill on offense that can’t be ignored by opposing defenses.

so basically KD, AD and Giannis?

No, definitely a few more guys on the list. Bam, obviously.

If it doesn’t fit?

https://mobile.twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1624198617706946562

1 Like

Payton, according to sources, had been playing through pain in Portland. Sources added that the Blazers training staff had been pushing him to gut through it, giving him Toradol shots. This had not been relayed to the Warriors during the negotiation process.

Lol. Payton was bad mouthing the trailblazers and draymond on his podcast was talking about how golden state wasn’t the right place for wiseman.

Oops

Also this could cost the warriors a hundred million in luxury tax.

I know I’m already a Wisconsin professional sports owner, but at the risk of spreading myself too thin, I might have to jump in there and outbid him.

1 Like

Phrasing

This Kings Mavs finish is lit

Fox really came through for the kings down the stretch. They are a fun team to watch with their offense.

I wanted mavs to win to get third seed position but I’ll take the split and the 3-1 road trip (and 3 wins without luka)

1 Like

Watched Kings/Mavs, and both of those teams can be penciled in as top6, along with Denver and Memphis.

Clippers/Suns/Pelicans/Warriors/Wolves/Thunder

fighting for the last two guaranteed spots. Maybe Blazers and Lakers (health) as well.

So four of the above teams won’t make it. Conley is a good safe add for Minnesota, so they probably make it. Suns without a serious (re-)injury to both Booker and Durant should be in as well. Clippers are probably the safest pick.

So of Pelicans/Warriors/Thunder/Blazers/Lakers only one team will get in. Pretty crazy. And only three games separate the group.

Forgot about Utah, but I think they’re done.

1 Like

Blazers just made 10 3s in the first quarter, have not seen that before

Poor Austin Reaves, out there on that island with Dame

Kyrie had 26 in the fourth quarter to bring the mavs back into the game but then down three on the last possession kyrie and Luka just passed the ball back and forth. Neither would take the shot.

They will need to figure that out.

This particular play made me laugh last night. Dame gets in these zones and it’s laughable trying to guard him one on one, yet Reaves kept trying, no help.

https://twitter.com/trailblazers/status/1625349018485395456

Lillard is quicker and stronger now that he got that nagging core injury surgically repaired. His cuts, change of pace/direction are lightning, balance and gathering are money, and he has strength left at the end to sneaky push-off to create space. And of course the rest of the team is Portland, so maybe they’ll sneak into the play-in games yet again, oh how exciting. The annual tradition of a huge trade deadline letdown.

1 Like