National Basketball Association - 2022/23 Season (Part 1)

Can’t wait for first take tomorrow

“Who did we learn more about, the Lakers or the Heat”

“Random story about Jerry Jones and the cowboys”

“Who does this series mean more to? Lebron or AD”?

“Story about who is going to win TNF”

I’m actually out of practice on my First Take debate topics.

3 Likes

It’s over already, Dragic out and Bam (and probably Butler) hurt mean this should be a mismatch of even more epic proportions the rest of the way.

Lakers in 3

1 Like

I’m pretty shocked that the team with LeBron and Anthony Davis is the best.

4 Likes

I had to turn it off, that was hard to watch even as a lakers fan.

Kinda hope the heat pulls it together because I was looking forward to this series.

If lakers win lebron is legit the GOAT, right?? This team was hopeless just a few seasons ago, the guy brings so much more to the team than being a good player.

Yea a lot of it is davis but still.

TRIGGER WARNING LAYMAN’S SHITTY OPINION INCOMING

I still don’t believe the lakers are that bad of an outside shooting team, when they run plays to set up those shots their percentages aren’t bad. KCP is a great shooter. kuzma and green are pretty good shooters. Davis is good from outside, and even lebron has his moments.

I just think they are usually focused on using their size to dominate the paint. Last night they shot great, and their post season 3pt % has actually been decent.

AD playing against children

Goat gonna goat

Respect for Miami’s fight without Dragic and Bam…but yeah…

Yeah Heat played really well and still lost by 10

Yeah it’s a pretty easy thought experiment: replace Lebron with Wiggins or whoever and try to argue AD is just as good in that situation. Another aspect is AD was soft and limped out of games in Nola and Lebron would never have any of that shit. It’s sort of like AD is a chess piece Lebron never had and he’s extracting maximum value now.

I love the takes of AD being soft.

Didn’t the Lakers suck with Lebron until AD joined the team?

Lakers are kind of judged on a different scale.

If they don’t have ring equity, then they suck. “They were good enough” would be an accurate assessment if he were on the Nuggets or something.

I don’t make the rules. That is just how it is.

https://twitter.com/TheHoopCentral/status/1213328847065600001

Don’t think this even includes all of the games he left early with some contusion that turned out to be nothing.

I don’t really get your point. They added an all-star that can score and play defense reducing the load and attention on Lebron. Of course they aren’t as good without a second legit scoring threat because the opponent can just play a Bron Zone. That’s what happened to almost all of those Cleveland teams.

Well somebody was arguing that Lebron saved them and AD was basically a side piece. When the fact is that they were not very good with Lebron until AD got there.

Oh, he missed games before. You’re right he is soft!

Lebron unquestionably better. The only question is does AD have the potential to surpass bron? Dunno. I think it’s there but the guy doesn’t have that killer instinct like lebron does. Lebron would straight up murder someone to win a final. I don’t think AD has it in him.

AD playing insanely soft

1 Like

Lakers playing easily their worst quarter in the bubble and still only down 3? Heat have no chance.