National Basketball Association - 2022/23 Season (Part 1)

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1621710971436937216?s=20&t=yeTCfUt8VAaukhsoLqEdjA

Just finished watching the Redeem Team documentary and Carlos Boozer (screw him) doesn’t sound anything like I thought he would.

Mitchell fined $20k.

I dunno. If a guy punches you in the nuts I feel like you should get a free pass to do what Mitchell did

1 Like

love they called grant for kicking his feet out (while shooting a made three) and instigating awkward contact with coby. It wasn’t dirty or egregious but imo it was a good call. (And portland’s using a challenge seemed dumb especially in the 1st Q of a game that is shaping up to be a ref pageant)

28 point swing in a little over a quarter in Chicago. Most of that time, Dame was on the floor.

Nets playing without Durant, Kyrie, Simmons (that might be a plus) and win vs the wizards thanks to 44 points off the bench by Cam Thomas. Quite a good timing for a career game.

1 Like

People should stop being surprised when a team missing its top players wins a game using only scrubs.

1 Like
1 Like

Kuzma Sweater and Cam Thomas the goats, say it!

Golden State’s Stephen Curry is expected to miss multiple weeks with a left leg injury, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium.

according to The Atheltic’s Shams Charania. In exchange, the Mavericks will send Spencer Dinwiddie, Dorian Finney-Smith and multiple draft picks to the Nets.

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1622324668047794177?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1622324668047794177|twgr^2d47ff03c692f79d61c6bb4d43cab4138ca9fbd2|twcon^s1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fd-22982349672944927688.ampproject.net%2F2301181928000%2Fframe.html

After thinking about it a bit I think I like it for both teams

nets are definitely like 10 deep, i just don’t know how good those 10 are, especially once the playoffs start. and dallas had to try something, anything to get luka another star.

this is something, anything i guess.

Was Brunson absolutely set on leaving DAL last year? As people have noted Dallas is lol when Luka’s out, seems like Kyrie can be a significant impact.

Apparently he was offended by their low ball offer. I can’t remember specifics beyond that

They screwed up with Brunson by his initial extension which made him a free agent a year earlier. But they still could have extended him for a really small amount but they withheld it and he blew up in the playoffs.

Af for kyrie trade as a mavs fan, I will try to remain hopeful. As a fan of basketball and humanity I am not a fan of kyrie. But he is a legit number two. One of the most legit number twos of all time.

Getting a legit number two under Mark Cuban has haunted the franchise for over twenty years. Cuban let Nash walk for NOTHING. Then they never got close to a number two talent (even winning the title without one, imo but they had like 5 3-4th best players) until the Porzingis deal. That didn’t work for a number of reasons and I still support the trade to get off of him. Then they made the WCF with Brunson as number two. Brunson is a solid three for a great team, but not great enough to be a real two. Kyrie is another swing, so we will see how it goes.

They didn’t give up any of their young players (which only two who matter), and they did not give up Wood, who can play or even be part of a trade in the future. Kyrie doesn’t scream stability and his contract is up, so they will either sign him to a massive deal or let him walk and have a huge whole on their roster and their balance sheet that I have no confidence they fill in free agency.

Apparently the Mavs GM has a long history with Kyrie when the GM worked for Nike. Also Kidd really wanted him. Will it be luka, and kyrie taking turns? I don’t think so. It will be more than that on the offensive end. The mavs are rough when luka is out because they have nobody else but dinwiddie to handle the ball and he was not a real point guard. Losing dinwiddie hurts because we still lack ball handlers. DFS is a good defensive 3pt wing. I think mavs fans love him and probably overvalue him but he is a strong catch all rotation guy and could start on many many teams. My biggest issue is the mavs are getting one of the morris brothers, that I can’t stand by and accept.

1 Like

Oh yeah anyone that Flat Earth 4 Life video on YouTube? It is #001 and is 1hr 52mins long. It’s a quick watch but really opened my eyes to see that the earth is likely flat. I ask you all approach it with open minds.

My next topic is “History of Judaism and the Complexity Crisis”.

2 Likes

Seems heinous for the Mavs unless Kyrie somehow becomes a normal human being. I’m long on that.

2 Likes

It’s already a match made in heaven

https://twitter.com/statmuse/status/1622343585054990340?s=20

1 Like