National Basketball Association - 2022/23 Season (Part 1)

Caesar’s has pulled DPOY off the board.

TLDR, but who pays the scorekeeper? Is the the team or the league? Someone else? Do they just hire local people to do it for each game?

From these articles, sounds like the team hires the people, usually the same people throughout the season (i.e. not bringing in new people for each game), but there is some sort of review process in the league office that will sometimes retroactively change the scorekeepers decision. There was a DFS thing a few years ago where Westbrook had a triple double taken away that would have changed the outcome of a big contest.

1 Like

Thanks. I can see why this approach would have made sense decades ago, but it seems like the league could just a hire a bunch of scorers and put them in a room at the main office just watching the game and doing stats. Surely they can get all the camera angles they need to do it accurately. And they can replay as needed.

Maxey seems to be moving about 15% too fast for a lot of his attempted shots at the rim. God that guy is fast.

1 Like

I see Brooklyn got the memo (along with every new apartment) that grey, drab, depressing-looking wood is the way to go with flooring

The refs are absolutely atrocious in LOL/BOS. Thanks for the OT though I guess.

Fire everyone. This is totally stupid.

That’s the 3rd or 4th time LeBron hasn’t gotten an obvious foul in an end game situation.

Ah well, fuck the Lakers.

https://twitter.com/redapples/status/1619737990300930048

It really was a terrible no call, but Laker reactions were hilarious. Pat Bev got a T for bringing a camera out on court for the refs

Detroit game cancelled tonight because they are stuck in Dallas due to weather.

Also the pelicans might not be able to get into Dallas for tomorrow night’s game. As an impartial observer shouldn’t the team that can’t show up just forfeit? Asking for a friend.

Is Desmond Bane the only player in the L with arms that look comically short?

I assume there are rules governing cancelled games and rescheduling them.

46-16 first quarter in Boston.

1 Like

Wow they actually called Ja for an obvious hesitation carry. #1 Snitch or whoever that guy is, I credit him.

3 Likes

Sewage bombs for the two ESPN games tonight

1 Like

Got some HEAT in MEM/CLE with Mitchell going after Brooks. Reggie Miller is truly awful at describing what went down.

2 Likes

Yeah - he’s gone from Brooks did nothing wrong, to Brooks has to be ejected.

edit: still trying to claim the nut shot from Brooks was just an accident. There is no way Brooks didn’t know Mitchell was right there.

2 Likes

Yeah that was good. “There was no intent there from Brooks” and 10 seconds later “our job is not to determine intent”

ps Brooks’ nutshot was clearly intentional

Brooks was clearly trying to get under Lillard’s skin last night, didn’t work as well then