National Basketball Association - 2022/23 Season (Part 1)

It’s not even trash. It’s worse. Raw sewage? Nuclear waste?

The COVID year they shipped, they at least had decent role players on reasonable contracts. They blew all that up to go after RWB.

If they got kyrie, it’s not even like they would be playing 3 on 5, it would be like 3 on 12. The rest of the roster is way below replacement level.

1 Like

They’ve signed Juan Toscano Anderson, Lonnie Walker IV, Troy Brown Jr, and Damian Jones and have Stanley Johnson, Kendrick Nunn, Wenyen Gabriel, and Taken Horton Tucker under contract.

You forgot Pippen and O’ Neal. Might be the greatest team ever assembled.

Katie’s biography gonna be so long with all of these chapters that he should title it The Fucklord of the Rangs.

Played by Liam Neeson

3 Likes

I’m giggling at the possibility of Westbrook/Simmons backcourt

2 Likes

Over/Under on Zion’s weight a year from today now that he’s gotten PAID?

1 Like

From what I’ve read he signed an insanely massive endorsement deal coming into the league. 9 figures. So dude has had generational wealth since day 1 as a rookie.

LeBron used to say his employer wasn’t Cleveland but Nike

1 Like

I love how everyone loves to talk about all the other NBA draft picks and teams as if anything is really relevant as long as Steph Klay Draymond and Steve Kerr are alive and well and in there prime.

Oh yea, and Wiseman Kuminga Poole and Moody are all beasts in the making.

This Dubs team is not only a dynasty, but may do things the likes of which no professional sports franchise has ever done.

1 Like

Juan Toscano Anderson plays hard, but certainly is nothing for a fanbase to bang on their chest about. He will be lucky to average more than 4 ppg.

They never tried to put him in the PG position.

That’s true. He always played with Derek Fisher and otherwise it was Smush Parker. (Chucky Atkins and Gary Payton were the other guys to play and start at pg for a whole season in his prime.)

He was still more of the actual point man tho, in the same way Jordan was. They just didn’t guard point guards and there was a nominal shooter at the position. It’s been the same with LeBron and is with Luka now.

Is this the real TBAB? For real?

2 Likes

early in his career and at several other points they tried. this stuff is googleable.

Basketball Reference has some stats on positions played. They call it “estimated” so I don’t know how they come up with it. But they show Kobe playing point guard sporadically across 2003 to 2010.

I believe the estimated position is mostly based on height with manual adjustments for players like Ben Simmons or Chuck Hayes.

Klay Thompson

Trayce Thompson

https://twitter.com/Starting9/status/1544151839586848768

If there’s a Game 6 Trayce in the World Series just gimme all the Vince McMahon heads.

1 Like

Its me. Do I know you pal?

No. I just know of you from 2p2. And I feel like I’ve seen some gimmicks with some variant of your handle.