National Basketball Association - 2022/23 Season (Part 1)

We lived in MN when they picked Johnny Flynn and Rickie Rubio back to back just in front of Curry.

1 Like

Donā€™t let the Warriors winning the title distract you from the fact that the Nets got swept and the Lakers didnā€™t even make the playoffs.

5 Likes

Cloud 109 Klay! Letā€™s go baby.

2 Likes

Per 538ā€™s RAPTOR model, the Warriors will be worse when they get back to full strength (this is literally true as of this morning), so Boston is still 55% to close this out in game 9.

4 Likes

lol Dray and Klay Goat charisma

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/Le0verrated/status/1537636495770673154?s=20&t=8VT25B3-JF_6T854MUGxNQ

Spicy take

3 Likes

Iā€™m so fucking happy for steph. Him crying on the court
Iā€™d run through a brick wall for that man.

Glad the kd vs steph debates are over

League is going to be better next year, but so will the warriors. Not fair at all but I wanna see them 3peat with steph getting 2 more finals mvps

1 Like

Keeping gp2 and looney should be no problem. Can give them the mle for like 7/mil a year.

Plus if you read gp2 story he loves it here. He told his agent to tell other teams to not bother because he only wanted to play for the warriors before he even got a roster spot. Then asked to apply to work in the video department. He ainā€™t going anywhere.

Only person we lose is opj. And with all those young guys developing and klay getting an off season. They will be better unless steph declines

This is fucking hilarious

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/ve4exi/the_warriors_do_their_best_celtics_fan_impression/

2 Likes

Iā€™m on Goofyā€™s side of this debate. Like, I guess Klay might get a little better, but I donā€™t think he can be that much better. Steph and Dray, as good as they are, are on the downhill. Wiggins might be ascending, but can he cover for all that? Iā€™m not so sure.

I guess my main cause for pessimism is that there are so many other good teams on the ascent. Memphis is pretty young and figures to be better. Dallas is pretty young and figures to be better. Same with Boston and Milwaukee. It was a surprisingly wide open playoffs this year, and even if the Warriors manage to dodge injuries enough to get into the playoffs as the best team, I donā€™t think theyā€™ll be as good as this year, and I think their competition will be better, and so the chances of faltering are just that much higher.

I am happy and comfortable with the idea that this is an improbable but glorious end to the dynasty. The dynasty was written off 3 years ago, and itā€™s incredible that they came back to do it again. And what feels so good about this one is that there are no excuses for this one. The first one didnā€™t count due to Cavs injuries. The next two didnā€™t count because getting Durant is unfair. This one? To borrow from the bard, they werenā€™t even supposed to be here today.

1 Like

Dallas arenā€™t young. It just seems this way because Luka. Otoh luka is all that matters.

I could have been more explicit, yes, but I basically meant Luka.

Iā€™m not getting this up in the PDX, but we got Jimmy Kimmel with an earlier clip about him jumping in the ocean, and I lost it.

1 Like

Yes. The Kimmel clip started at about 0:16 in this one, and it went just a bit longer.

I guess weā€™ll have to disagree but I definitely disagree. Hopefully Iā€™ll be back in a year to tell you I told you so :)

1 Like

GOAT

https://twitter.com/pointsbetusa/status/1537643646391971840?s=21&t=FTZUejOmyNVgqsIiYu_uVg

5 Likes

Confirmed with Guinness this morning that the record is mine. Wild the gap between him and an upper-tier guy like Tatum. Steph can just get an easy looking bucket whenever he wants, and Tatum just canā€™t yet. Hopefully some day.

Congrats Dubs fans. Well deserved win, I very much enjoyed the series even with the bad man Curry repeatedly ripping my heart out.

4 Likes

And then what happens?

2 Likes

Ends happily ever after.

Would drop Shaq and Duncan after Magic and Bird. And Shaq has to be after Wilt? Speaking of, whereā€™s Wilt?