National Basketball Association - 2022/23 Season (Part 1)

I’ve seen Moses Brown play exactly one game - versus the Celtics - and he murdered them. 21 points and 23 rebounds.

Didn’t have to wait long to find out that yes Bad Stevens will be an even worse gm than coach

1 Like

The Brad Stephens is a bad coach takes are as dumb as the Danny Ainge was an lol GM take. Took a team without Hayward and Kyrie to game 7 against Lebron in the ECF. Took a team without Hayward and a broken Kemba to game 6 of the ECF. Got a team where Isaiah Thomas was the best player and Avery Bradley was the #2 scorer to the ECF - East is weaker of course but those are absurdly good results. I think they underperformed this year, but overperformed every other year of his tenure. I’ll hang up and listen if anyone wants to argue that.

Either way, I’d rather have him coaching than in the front office for sure. I’m ambivalent on this trade, Kemba or Big Al, they were going to have some bad money next year. 16th overall to get away from the 2022-23 Kemba money seems reasonable.

I really hope Kemba can get healthy and turn into an asset for OKC (CP3-esque lite), he’s easy to root for. That would obviously turn this trade into a big failure, but Kemba deserves it.

1 Like

I don’t know about the Ainge part, but I also think Brad Stevens being a bad coach is a terrible take.

I think he got his teams about as far as their talent would allow them. And strategically, I can’t think of 5 coaches in the NBA that are clearly better than him.

I guess one could consider him “bad” if he just was not able to maintain a good relationship with the players. I’d agree if that was a chronic problem for him, but I don’t think it is.

1 Like

This is a good point, and if Tatum and Jaylen don’t like him he should have been gone.

Hopefully the owner took all that into consideration - as well as all of Stevens’ weighing in on potential players over his time in the org. Like, Ainge is the one that makes the call of course, but I’d assume Stevens would have shared his opinion on Jaylen and Tatum as draft prospects for example or on if they should sign Kemba. If he’d been beating the drum to take them (or to NOT take them), then obviously that’s good evidence he’s able to do the job or not. I remember ol’ DeanOnDraft mocking Ainge for taking Jaylen over Dragan Bender, for example, so that wasn’t a no-brainer pick. Bender was last seen averaging 8 points for Maccabi Tel Aviv.

Anyway. I’d rather have him coaching.

Gobert’s idiotic stunt (unintentionally) saved lives.

https://twitter.com/jclarknbcs/status/936072458024742914?s=21

Some version of Kemba and a pick for Horford has been speculated about for a while.

He’s talking about the guys fouling him, right? I’d believe that way before the idea of him hitting shots.

6 Likes

ah, the old player randomly strong game and the team he did it on auto goes and gets him move

Probably good for the 76ers to be struggling a little. Harris heating up. Should prevent them from playing “watch Embiid”.

They should take this and then win in 7 (before getting spanked in the ECF) but the other problem is that it only takes a hot second half by Young to eliminate them.

Pandemic P flaunting the full body floral print. Bold move.

Atlanta should try making foul shots.

I like this Philly strategy. If Simmons fouls out, they can’t hack him and he can’t miss free throws.

TempleTappingGuy.jpg

Apparently he didn’t foul out fast enough.

If embiid kills both collins and trae i will fly to philly to testify in his defense

I hate that call. Offensive player goes up and catches defensive player with an elbow as part of a normal shooting motion. Bs offensive foul call.

1 Like

Did he even really catch him with an elbow or did Collins flop?

Absurd shot by Trae.

Shooting the lights out?