Movies (and occasionally face slaps) (Part 1)

What if that was why he got married?..

I JUST figured out why Travolta was shitting half the time through Pulp Fiction. It was the heroin!

1 Like

Watched a solid sci-fi movie on Netflix called “I Am Mother”. Would recommend if you like such things. Not too derivative.

1 Like

+1, That was an outstanding sci-fi movie.

I did not enjoy Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. I didn’t hate it either. But a movie that doesn’t do much for me loses a ton of points for being nearly three hours long. If it was more like two hours I’d probably say “meh it was fine I guess”.

My Tarantino film ranking:

1. Pulp Fiction
  2. Reservoir Dogs
  3. Kill Bill
  4. Inglorious Basterds

ok the top four was pretty easy the bottom five is hard (not much daylight between 5 and 7) but let’s say

1. Jackie Brown
  2. Django Unchained
  3. Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
  4. The Hateful Eight
  5. Death Proof (which I know I’ve seen but honestly don’t really remember)

JT won’t be happy with that list leaving out True Romance :wink:

If we’re including movies he didn’t direct (which we’re not, and shouldn’t) True Romance and Natural Born Killers both get slotted above my bottom grouping.

2 Likes

I was aware of Death Proof but unaware that it was one of his films until very recently

Correct. Also Tony Scott changed Tarentino’s ending in True Romance. My copy of the director’s cut has the “alternate” (true) ending and Clarence, he ded

I was sure it was yourself that mentioned TR as 1 of your best Tarrintino movies, but I guess I assumed wrong… :joy::joy:

disney apparently kicking spiderman out of the MCU. comes as kind of a shock, thought they were set up to push him as the new face.

apparently it was a dispute over profits. both sony and disney were splitting the movies, not the individual profits, and with the success of the most recent sony stand alone spidey movie (sony’s all time grossing movie) disney wanted 50/50 profits of all future stand alone’s, as well as forcing sony to fund 50% of all future MCU movies that use spiderman.

1 Like

Disney needs the trustbusters treatment someone should campaign on that

if it sticks, this does open up spiderman-venom movies from sony. which i would absolutely stand in line opening day to see, but im of course scared of sony screwing that up.

One of the main reasons for the Fox deal was to consolidate the universe, so that’s pretty hilarious. This sounds pretty similar to the huge botching they did that caused Pixar to split from them as a distributor. Then Disney got mad and just bought Pixar as an eff you something like 3 years later I think. Turn on the clock now that they’ll just eventually buy Sony out of the character, or just buy Sony.

*Almost

I’m not surprised we’re getting a Matrix 4 but iirc Neo and Trinity are like dead and whatnot

https://screenrant.com/matrix-4-keanu-reeves-director-lana-wachowski/

I still say Marvel needs to make a Great Lakes Avengers movie following the storyline where the GLA gets sued by the Avengers for trademark infringement and they have to fight it out in the courts. It could be an amazing meta-commentary on intellectual property rights.

From Wikipedia:

The team has changed its name on several occasions. The Avenger Hawkeye first protests their use of the name “Avengers”,[2] and eventually the GLA are sent a cease-and-desist order by the Maria Stark Foundation.[3] The team rename themselves the Lightning Rods after fellow super-team, the Thunderbolts.[4] While working for S.H.I.E.L.D., Mr. Immortal suggests a name-change to S.W.O.R.D. ,[5] although ultimately the team’s name is changed to the Great Lakes X-Men when its members collectively realize that they are all mutants.[3]

After another cease and desist – this time from Marvel Girl of the X-Men, the GLA rename themselves the Great Lakes Champions .[6] Following the events of Avengers: Civil War , the team operated as the Great Lakes Initiative in the state of Wisconsin.[7]Some time later, the team reverts to the name Great Lakes Avengers .[8]

2 Likes

I guess they feel like they’ve waited long enough for us to forget the pretty bad Matrix 2, and the abomination of Matrix 3. Didn’t work. Those people are old now, but maybe Neo will be like the new Morpheus or something.

There was talk of a full reboot starring Michael B. Jordan as Neo but I guess that’s not happening if they’re doing this.