Movies (and occasionally face slaps) (Part 1)

Movie cover that gave me nightmares and yet I saw it every time I went to Blockbuster and never ended up seeing the movie.

1 Like

This movie fucked with me as a kid.

Also this dumb made for TV movie with William Shatner that I saw when I was 4 or 5:

1 Like

Never seen the Magic cover, but holy shit Terror at 37K is a terrible film.

Yeah my 4-year-old movie critic skills hadnā€™t fully developed yet. The whole idea of this demon thing behind a curtain of the plane that they couldnā€™t see really freaked me out.

2 Likes

The movie that blew my mind when I was as kid was Airplane!.

The movie that scared me the most was Night of the Living Dead. I donā€™t remember how old I was - at least old enough to be left home alone. I was alone and was looking for something to watch and found a VHS copy of the movieā€¦I think in my parentsā€™ room? Didnā€™t know what it was aside from the title and holy fuck, that part where Barbara sees the body at the top of the stairs? I nearly shat.

1 Like

Night of the Living Dead is fucked up and so ahead of its time. That movie still holds up and still shocks!

My uncle told me about seeing that at the drive in when it came out and it completely fucking him up.

Before the movie he said there was a short that I think might be called Debaser from the surrealist movement, and source of the Pixies song about it. Basically someone walks into a barbershop, sits down, and the camera slowly closes in until their eyeball takes up the whole screen. Then the barber uses his razor blade to slice the eyeball wide open. Imagine seeing that at a drive-in in the 60s.

1 Like

My buddy is at this bowling alley thatā€™s apparently in a church for someoneā€™s 50th birthday party. I told him itā€™s his job to yell DRAAAIIIINAAAAGE!!! at the opposing team any time he makes a strike.

1 Like

Get your battle royale WITHOUT cheese.

https://tubitv.com/movies/404623/battle-royale?start=true

I saw the first one when it came out but must have lost touch for too long to even know there was a sequel.

https://tubitv.com/movies/417722/battle-royale-ii-requiem?start=true

2 Likes

Untaxed dollars at work

Make sure he does this after every strike

2 Likes

Iā€™m watching Fletch, but I donā€™t think itā€™s my vibe.

Confess Fletch was very decent as these things go.

have a thing for Jon Hamm which could be clouding my judgement tho

1 Like

His episode of Black Mirror was top five.

And his appearance on Kimmy Schmidt lolololol

1 Like

I was exposed to a lot of Twilight Zone at an inappropriately young age, def got the willies from a couple of episodes for sure. Oh man Eye of the Beholder and the one where the kid turns a dude into a human jack-in-the-box, holy fuck thatā€™s some messed-up shit.

1 Like

Too high imo. It was good, but:

San Junipero
Entire History of You
Hang the DJ
USS Callister
White Bear
15 Million Merits

are all better.

1 Like

pete-weber

Itā€™s nuts the level of intensity TZ was able to deliver to mainstream audiences back in the day. Shows today only rarely fire on all cylinders like that.

2 Likes

I want to argue that it should be higher, but those are all amazing episodes.

Need to watch San Junipero again soon to tide me over waiting for Clea Duvall to make a sequel to Happiest Season

Matrix sequel was a lot of fun, I donā€™t care what anyone says. You have to lower your expectations because it follows the greatest sci-fi movie of its generation, but itā€™s still a bop.

2 Likes

That movie is good if you grade it on a curve and the only other data point on the curve is Volcano starring Tommy Lee Jones.

2 Likes