Movie Night Watch Party Megathread

True. I am probably fooling myself. I dream about us all being so into it that we follow up with the Alicia Keys episode. But skydiver and you might be the only people who stick around :P

Fun quick little watch. I more gather Netflix went to LMM and said give us a Hamilton song you want to talk more about.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/PhilipRucker/status/1316071636555227140?s=19

2 Likes

in

2 Likes

Sounds like you gotta donate to rsvp. Might have to

1 Like

5 Likes

OMG that banner.

A-plus.

1 Like

https://collider.com/borat-2-review-amazon-prime-video-sacha-baron-cohen/

[Sacha’s/Borat’s daughter] Tutar is the film’s secret weapon. Subsequent Moviefilm acknowledges that due to Borat’s popularity, he can no longer go around unrecognized, so Tutar becomes the vehicle for some of the film’s greatest gags or she works as a scene partner while Borat is in disguise. The Catch-22 is that if you only sent out Tutar on her own, people would call it a Borat ripoff, so you need to keep making Borat part of the story.

Obviously, if you didn’t like the first Borat , there’s nothing here for you, and I imagine we’ll have to deal with the same tedious conversations from 2006 like how unfair Cohen is being and how dare he show a lack of tolerance to the intolerant. Some will clutch their pearls at how dark some of the comedy can go, and others will bemoan the crassness of some of the jokes. Subsequent Moviefilm is not for them, and since it’s a sequel, people should definitely know better by now.

For those who still love the original Borat , Subsequent Moviefilm does a fine job of capturing what made Cohen’s comedy so exciting and outrageous in the first place. The film’s climax is definitely going to get people talking, but I hope it doesn’t overshadow some A+ comedy that had me crying from laughing so hard. It’s not a great success, but it’s a pretty good success.

Rating: B

I am excite

1 Like

So how will this be watched? It’s not even out yet.

1 Like

Released on Amazon Prime tomorrow.

Watch party at 9 PM Eastern here.

1 Like

Borat movie already up on amazon.

MUST… NOT… WATCH…

We should have scheduled it for post debate.

NO ONE TOLD ME

1 Like

There’s a pretty good new Chelsea Handler standup special on HBO Max

Watch that instead plz

Anyone else getting their Quibi binge watches in before they shut us down? Feels like Black Friday when I was still logged in and could keep playing as long as I didn’t get signed out :)

1 Like
1 Like

I’m watching it now (IM SORRY) and I’m laughing harder than I’ve laughed in a long, long time about 30 minutes in at the Georgia Debutante Ball :joy:

Definitely watching tomorrow night for reactions though

2 Likes

I held off. I started watching new season of Fargo but that takes too much attention, so started binging Brooklyn 99 for who knows what reason.

1 Like

They said 23rd and it was clearly released on 22nd everywhere in the US. So not your fault.

1 Like