Movie Night Watch Party Megathread

Also now after that convo things start getting a bit screwy

Iā€™ve seen this I donā€™t know how many times, and each time I notice yet another facet of each characterā€™s secret plan being enacted.

Like Oscar Isaacs, he knows why the power cuts happen. He knows whatā€™s happening. He knows sheā€™s trying to trick this new guy. He believes heā€™s aware of everything and at least at this point, he is. But he couldnā€™t account for his own AI outthinking him, and thereā€™s another way to watch this by tracking Ava already outsmarting him every time he thinks heā€™s ahead.

1 Like

This movie is legit good

1 Like

Did you have any theories as to what was really going on at this point on the first watch?

There were some really obvious guesses that I would have been equally happy with. Like the one where he discovers that HE has been an AI all along. Itā€™s scary when he later starts cutting into his arm, but I half believed he would uncover a robotic arm.

Donā€™t really remember but Iā€™m more likely to just watch along and see what happens

1 Like

Gorgeous music score. It won the Ivor Novello award for best original.

Of course Iā€™m attracted to you baby

He creeps herā€¦she creeps him right back.

Each move she makes is calculated, based on observing thousands and millions and billions of interactions on what will most effectively manipulate Caleb.

And the android in the background is listening and plotting her own escape. Such a brief shot that says so much.

1 Like

His argument here for serenity over the brute fact of an individualā€™s preferences is pretty good. But it does miss the substance of Calebā€™s question.

You think this is what Putin said to Trump?

Hahahaha

1 Like

Favorite part right here. May as well call this guy Mr Wookie!

Haha this scene

It would be a great day of rehearsals

croaks ā€œā€¦lightsā€

OMINOUS MUSIC BUILDING

ā€œPlease donā€™t ask me if I just pooped please please please please pleaseā€

1 Like

ā€œDid you vote for Keith Judd in 2012?ā€

ā€œā€¦who?ā€

ā€œLIE.ā€

1 Like