Movie Night Watch Party Megathread

The fight scenes were a big deal at the time. It was unusual for actors to train for six months prior to filming so that they could do all of the fight scenes themselves.

2 Likes

It’s really all about the woman in the red dress

1 Like

Is that Ralphie?

Ok definitely is

Do we have an intermission?

Joe Pantoliano. He rode his fame off this movie to star in a TV show that I assure you is worth seeking out.

No really!

For Joe…!

We can take one at :10 after the hour and come back at :20?

Excellent

1 Like

back will restart in 30 secs

1 Like

Says this guy also, two hours later.

Was going to pick up where you all were at but not much chatter and I haven’t seen it forever so I’m starting it from the top.

Was worried you weren’t going to list this one.

So many Hero’s journeys. Big one I haven’t seen yet is John Wick. The Devil’s Advocate holds a sweet spot in my heart, it’s melodramatic but so good.

Glad you’re back.

1 Like

I couldn’t remember his name, just knew that I recognised his voice as Ralph from The Sopranos.

1 Like

Bill Simmons’ excellent movie podcast, The Rewatchables, has a category specifically for him that they list for each review: The Joey Pants/That Guy award.

Obviously for that guy whom you recognize, but don’t know his name. Sometimes guys are that guys for awhile, but then graduate above that after a key role gets them notoriety. Alas, that never happened for Joey Pants.

Main thing I think of him as (even before his Matrix turn) is as the third wheel in Bound with Jennifer Tilly and Gina Gershon.

2 Likes

I should have known his name really. I recognised it instantly.

1 Like

Scare Me

This on Shudder?

1 Like

It sort of annoys me that they have to tack on a love plot at the end, otherwise I enjoyed it.

1 Like

This outro with Rage :fire:

Glad we could watch it together for your first time!

1 Like

Me too, was fun.

1 Like

Are we having one next week?

1 Like