Movie Night Watch Party Megathread

Weird movie. Decent watch, but definitely seemed like the definition of less than the sum of its parts.

1 Like

Every night at 9pm EST.

|Sunday| Monday| Tuesday| Wednesday| Thursday| Friday| Saturday|
|—|—|—|—|—|—|—|—|
|Sinister Sunday: Two-Sentence Horror Stories: “Gentleman”, “Hide”, “Tutorial”| Marvel-ous Monday: Hardcore Henry| Tarantino Tuesday: The Departed| Washington Wednesday: The American President| Thriller Thursday: Hold the Dark| Found Footage Friday: Trial by Media: “Blago!”| Sci-fi/Fantasy Saturday: Constantine

Tonight’s horror movie is composed of three twenty-minute short films from the anthology series Two-Sentence Horror Stories (Netflix, CW).

“Gentleman”

A serial killer who targets and kills single mothers becomes obsessed and stalks one potential victim after she rejects him.

“Hide”

A Hispanic woman hired to babysit an autistic little girl for the evening goes to great lengths to protect her charge from a home invasion involving two masked figures leading to a brutal cat-and-mouse, kill-or-be-killed situation.

“Tutorial”

Shot entirely from the point of view of multiple video and web cameras, a young video blogger finds herself stalked by an intruder in her own house.

washington wednesday sounds tempting but twin peaks wednesday is always gonna be better, sorry

2 Likes

You gonna rewatch Twin Peaks forever?

we got like another 25 weeks of episodes, that’s fuckin months

i’m rewatching the show separately on my own during this rewatch that’s how fuckin nuts i am about twin peaks lol so yeah i probably will rewatch it forever

i’m just sad i’ll miss washington movies cause those would be my favorite

2 Likes

We can always work something out between the two groups, no? We could take one week off and join you for Twin Peaks, you take one week off and join us for a movie you’re particularly excited to watch.

1 Like

twin peaks is set in washington, so i feel that “washington wednesday” is a direct attack on twin peaks fire watch with me, which has been established at the 9pm est time slot for months now. so if you moved wednesday movies to 10pm, (still only 7pm pacific) that would be ok. if you abolished washington wednesday completely and just agreed to watch twin peaks, that would be better.

i’m willing to compromise and watch two episodes a week to fill the wednesday slot on your proposed schedule, and since david lynch did intend to make twin peaks like a movie split into many parts, it should satisfy all requirements for “washington”, “movie” and “wednesday”. after which, the time slot would be yours

1 Like

I fucking love you lolllllllllllll

Well what if we move it to 10pm one week and watch whatever, and then the next week at 9pm we watch Lynch’s most accessible movie?

It’s Elephant Man imo

1 Like

fair deal :couplekiss_man_man:

2 Likes

1 Like

Ready to roll. Only saw a couple in this series but was very pleased.

That opening is gross. Worse than Dexter. How was this made by the CW?!

signal-2021-01-10-181546

That was great. “Hide” up next at :25.

Was not expecting that twist. These are great. They’ve all got one final twist that throws everything on its head.

“Tutorial” next. I think I saw this one on premiere but can’t remember the twists so it’s as good as new.

Wowwww this is the best one yet wtf this girl!!!

Vicious. I love it. A huge wow twist soon into it and then on the edge of my seat with halfway yet to go.

Intense!!!

Shyamalan no. Don’t do it.

What is this…

I don’t know if I love this final twist or hate it…