Movie Night Watch Party Megathread

So when Harrison hits Ryan in this scene, that’s a real punch.

2 Likes

Deckard decked him

2 Likes

lol what the hell is he just pouring scotch on the carpet, that place must smell nasty

1 Like

Wow how crazy is it that the mystery girl turns out to be the only possible character it could be!

1 Like

Harrison delivering one of the finest recent performances of his career.

Maybe the only finest of his recent career :P

2 Likes

Man, the first half of this drags a little, but the second half is amazing. Love the visuals on this scene coming up. Just amazing cinematography.

2 Likes

Yeah this scene is pretty incredible. Well deserved oscar win for cinematography, that was also well overdue.

2 Likes

2016 Nominee
Oscar Best Achievement in Cinematography
Sicario (2015)
2015 Nominee
Unbroken (2014)
2014 Nominee
Prisoners (2013)
2013 Nominee
Skyfall (2012)
2011 Nominee
True Grit (2010)
2009 Nominee
The Reader (2008)

Shared with:

Chris Menges
2008 Nominee
The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford (2007)
Best Achievement in Cinematography
No Country for Old Men (2007)
2002 Nominee
Oscar Best Cinematography
The Man Who Wasn’t There (2001)
2001 Nominee
O Brother, Where Art Thou? (2000)
1998 Nominee
Kundun (1997)
1997 Nominee
Fargo (1996)
1995 Nominee
The Shawshank Redemption (1994)

2 Likes

Ah wow, I didn’t know that --I don’t follow the Oscars all that much.I just remember seeing this on the big screen and being amazed by how gorgeous it was.

1 Like

I9mRCV0

Incredible movie. I will fight you with knives if you tell me this wasn’t a worthy successor to the original BR.

3 Likes

I kind of wonder what we’d have gotten straight from Ridley, but I was nervous until they announced it would be directed by Denis. Ridley is so hit and miss unless he has an amazing script, and he’d already delivered several missteps with his Alien sequels/prequels.

So…I enjoyed watching Blade Runner 2049. It is really good. But I probably would have tapped out if it wasn’t on my external hard drive. Still hold this opinion.

2 Likes

I assume we can count on the gratitude of every @NotBruceZ as well.

Or if you don’t have time to join us, here’s the 8-bit short film version.

3 Likes

Hol up…Indiana is swapping out Trump for Biden, but that means he’s leaving with Trump… What the hell is he going to do with such a prize?

that belongs in a museum

45 minutes

2 Likes

I’m in for probably only first 30 mins or so though, my fav Indy movie ez, my dad has it on vhs and I watched it numerous times growing up

1 Like

It’s an easy one to jump into for a few minutes or none at all. We’ve all seen it so many times that you’ll probably be watching it with me in your head no matter what else you’re doing.

1 Like