MOLLY'S GAME Watch Party 10pm EST

1 Like

I do think there’s a split on Magnolia with people who saw it originally in the theater vs. people who didn’t. I saw it originally at home and it was just so boring. But I can appreciate that the context of a movie theater changes things - sometimes drastically.

I’ve heard Lost in Translation was the same way - never seen it.

1 Like

And 8pm is a sweet spot for this guy.

Mountain time really is the best fwiw.

1 Like

I still like waking up at 9:30 and football is on soon.

2 Likes

Costner gets a mention here at 6:50.

And here is an old ET article where the director warned audiences.

Meanwhile, Reynolds and Costner were at odds over how much of an accent the quintessentially American actor should attempt. Costner was determined to sound English. Reynolds, fearful that would prove distracting to audiences, urged him to drop it. The issue was never resolved: Costner’s English accent surfaces in some scenes and vanishes in others.

Yep, just enough time to go grab beer and figure out what the lunch plan should be w/ 11a around the corner.

Late games wrap up just past 5, then late late game at 6:15. It all aligns really great when you have to take care of a household of 6-7. I couldn’t imagine early NBA games tipping at 4pm on a weeknight.

Somehow Connery never get shit for his terrible Russian accent in Hunt for Red October.

Solution - never watch NBA until the playoffs. Problem solved.

Dan LeBatard’s single limited fake is, “One ping Vasseli.”

I say that all the time - every time I do a ping in my job. One ping. One ping only.

You are correct sir! It’s obv not my line.

I always want to say the scene in The Rock where he calls the front desk and he’s like, “you know, snacks.”

But I usually default to doing an impression of an impression w/ Robin Williams in Mrs Doubtfire.

1 Like

DodgerIris really liked it.

She loved the second half of the movie where I had to shutup so we could catchup. It’s a blessing and a curse being with me.

1 Like

I love that movie. I just think it’s funny Costner gets so much shit for Robin Hood, but Connery gets a pass for HFRO.

2 Likes

If HFRO is going to be brought up, it always merits a mention how bad Alec Baldwin fucked that whole thing up.

I forget whether it was scheduling (I want to say he prioritized The Getaway?) or salary demands, but Harrison Ford stepped in and made Patriot Games and Clear and Present Danger like a baus. For some reason I loved the hell out of PG and then saw CaPD as only the second movie I saw it the theater with my dad.

The first? Cliffhanger.

Now that’s a rewatchable.

1 Like

I spent a couple winter breaks I. Hawaii when I was a yute. (Thanks mom and dad). Having the second set of games over by 1 was most awesome. Probably be a whip with Sunday night games now.

1 Like

It’d be an interesting discussion. I go the other way. I think 1 or 2 timezones to the east of EST (so like Colombia/Argentina) is the nuts. That was you can still be watching stuff at like 1AM. I don’t really care for sports before noon.

2 Likes

So gross. I was in a “sports bar” in NYC and they had to kick everyone out before the end of the Monday Night Football game because their liquor license didn’t go past midnight. That’s just sick and wrong.

Gimme 10am sports and mostly done by 10pm every time.

1 Like

I would rewatch that one

let’s do one tomorrow!

1 Like