Moderation rules

I’m not even really sure who the mods are, but surely this doesn’t require a thread or vote - what do you think @Smacc_25 ?

I feel the same as @smrk4 that if Clovis didn’t start the thread and he wants his name removed that that’s OK with me.

Sorry I’ve had a buzy few days with the football and stuff :joy::soccer:

1 Like

I’ll abide the change, but very much disagree with it. The change enables clovis to do the same thing again in the future, and you’ll hear about it if he even has a whiff of it anywhere it shouldn’t be.

As an FYI, I changed the thread title to a better one, though I’d probably prefer it to say wealthy baby centrists.

Finally, keed has had this happen to him several times, and has not complained once. That kind of thing is the price of doing business in the neighborhoods of argument clovis likes to live. He’s lucky it didn’t happen previously. It’s quite amazing that a poster who claims to hate shame is apparently so ashamed of such an innocuous thread title and purpose of the thread.

1 Like

I was hoping you’d change the title to something a little better than my quick edit… :v::beers:

I completely agree. There’s gotta be some price to pay for being a high-drama high-maintenance dramatist who derails many threads.

What nonsense. It was a discussion that evolved organically in the thread. Clovis had a bit of a dumb take but jesus christ who cares? Just break the derail into a new thread and why in the world would anyone care about it? Why does Clovis have to be “punished” for having a slightly bad opinion?

4 Likes

I’d prefer this:

[REDACTED], A Whiny Wealthy Centrist ‘Good Guy’, Begins to Teach Us the Virtues Having Too Much Money Can Bring

That’ll show him. CHANGE THREAD TITLE FOR GREAT JUSTICE!

1 Like

A thread about Trump. GMAFB.

Like I even complimented you for being a good sport when this has happened to you. You manage to screw up even that. GJGE

Dunno if the site rules are in effect yet, but isn’t one of those “don’t be an asshole”? Or is that one from “Everything I need to know, I Learned in Kindergarten”?

https://unstuckpolitics.com/about

I enjoyed not knowing who the mods are. Thanks.

Now go tell me I’m a dumb hippie for thinking about aircrete.

I have that thread open in another tab. I’ll get to it, I promise.

I don’t think it even needs to be the same circumstances.

What I imagine is myself in whatever circumstances would make me have the same visceral experience. So maybe for me, I wouldn’t care or feel exposed, but if I imagine whatever WOULD make me feel exposed enough to ask for something different, yeah, I would want the community to be considerate. Particularly when the ask is not unreasonable.

1 Like

Okay. Got it. Satire is Dead. And Clovis is a Great Poster.

:roll_eyes:

This describes you and Nun ITT.

You have a weird definition of high-drama/maintenance dramatist but…kool.

Grunch:

I feel like clovis’s request is entirely reasonable, but also I feel like this is very minor bullshit and basically everyone is being more dramatic about this than they should be.

2 Likes

Just to be clear is the argument that the mods, myself included are biased and are thus siding with nunnehi over clovis? That’s kinda funny.

But I actually don’t dislike clovis, don’t have any grudges with him. I just didn’t think this was a big enough deal to override another mod.