MLB Postseason 2024

holy shit kwan earning another gold glove with one catch :astonished::astonished::astonished:

This isnā€™t going to end well if the Royals keep walking hittersā€¦

SALVY!!!

Keep the line moving!

Costas is Must Miss TV.

He annoys the fuck out of me, always has. And people love him.

Does anyone under 60 love him? Seems like heā€™s getting roasted everywhere, and has been the for the last couple of post-seasons. Iā€™m fine with him, but it does seem like an announcer from a bygone era has been dropped into 2024.

My favorite post-season/national broadcaster complaint is when each teamā€™s fans whine that the announcers are rooting against them. Which is virtually never the case.

Heā€™s so smug and holier than thou.

Boog Sciambi actually made that joke in Game 1 of the Mets/Brewers series. Something like, ā€œHi, weā€™re the announcers who are rooting against your team.ā€

Costas gets overly dramatic, but he and Darling are a better team than the clowns covering the Mets/Phils.

I like Darling somehow, and generally am not into that type of color guy.

Costas is just too buttoned up evening news type and does have a very punchable voice. Donā€™t hate him but itā€™s def sleepy.

ā€œHeā€™s rooting against my teamā€ side might have a point:

https://x.com/AaronLittle30/status/1843478214645297437

2 Likes

Wow thatā€™s crazy. Seriously.

2 Likes

he was sooo disappointed yikes

Itā€™s such a weird call because thereā€™s energy for the pick and the throw to second, and then he just deflates on the second out. He shouldā€™ve let the analyst call it - Ronnie was probably pumped lol.

And tbf, youā€™re not a ā€œface of baseballā€ when 50% of baseball fans wouldnā€™t know who you were if you were alone in a room with them. Great player =! ā€œface of the gameā€.

That was embarrassing. And I generally stan for Costas.

1 Like

I think more than 50% of serious baseball fans would recognize Witt. He has the family pedigree and he looks fairly distinctive.

Costas made the call at the tail end of a point he was making about Stanton being hobbled, so the DP played into his point (though he did say it wasnā€™t Stantonā€™s fault, which was, I guess, a nod to Wittā€™s fine-but-not-earth-shattering play).

Witt being ā€˜a face of baseballā€™ is LOL. Heā€™s a faceā€“but not even THE faceā€“of his team.

I meant to bring this up after the Profar catch, but it made me think about how I have, on multiple occasions, consciously thought about how I would try to act as a fan in those situations.

Which would be, best I could, to legally faceguard/block the opposing fielder along the plane of the fence so that they could not reach the ball. Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll never find myself in that situation, but Iā€™ve always wondered why we essentially never see fans consciously do that, versus mindlessly go for the ball and get beat out by the fielder. If the fans in the front row simply block the path of Profarā€™s arm, or push it back, itā€™s a home run. The part that would be tricky is trying to avoid being injured by the baseball since youā€™re making no attempt to catch it.