MLB Postseason 2024

This guy makes a fairly compelling case.

1 Like

Mets just announced that Kodei Senga is starting tomorrow against the Phillies :face_with_monocle:

Meh…pitcher had a very good year. So either he started tipping his pitches and the Mets immediately caught on in a do-or-die situation, or every other team they faced was too stupid to figure it out?

Yeah, I didn’t watch the whole video but that’s because I found the first couple minutes pretty unconvincing. His hand placement in the glove? Batter can’t see that. Glove is a half inch closer to his chin? Don’t think batter will notice that from 60 feet away, either. Maybe the latter part of the video made a more convincing case?

Watch the whole thing. I was skeptical at first too. He also catches the mets hitting coach mouthing something like “that’s the changeup” to Alonso. By the end I felt like I could clearly see the difference by the shape of the glove and the depth of his hand in it.

Around the Horn and PTI both brought this up today.

Everybody follows Jomboy now. However, even Jomboy was tentative in trying to link what he visually perceived with what the Mets hitters could see and how they might adjust to it.

But none of this addresses my earlier point about how the Mets supposedly caught him tipping pitches despite no other team doing so?

OK, I just watched the whole thing. The hitting coach thing is interesting, but there is still not enough here altogether that I’m buying it. There’s so much focus on hand position in the glove, which is great when your camera angle is behind the pitcher, but I don’t see how the batter is detecting that when they literally cannot see his hand.

And when they line up the glove positions, it’s like a half inch difference. I don’t believe a batter is detecting that from 60 feet away.

But if they did all this, bravo to the Mets. I wonder why they didn’t do it the night before when he cut through them in 10 pitches.

2 Likes

The Mets obviously have no idea what’s coming. Watch the entire inning instead of edited clickbait. They’d be timed up on every swing if they knew the pitches. When real tipping happens, they hitters usually sit dead red and take pitches like a filthy changeup.

he said cleveland wokeians :man_facepalming:t3:

5 Likes

Not a great start for the Tigers.

if they don’t wanna get swept, they better start before they get to the bullpen going forward.

Turner was clearly out. Home field advantage

1 Like

This may be a hot take, but I’m over these “zomg look at these pitches overlaid…how does anybody hit this guy??” Every MLB pitcher has a pitch that goes fast and straight and some that go slower and break from the original plane. That’s how you pitch. The overlay would look pretty nasty for bad pitchers too.

lol that 2-0 strike call to Iglesias

Absolutely ridiculous. Ump probably bet on the Phils to win. That and Turner not being called out on review. They’re in on it.

Peterson definitely got some calls that were low. Just give us the robots already.

some overlays are different.

This ump holy shit.

:flushed: