Melania and Misogyny

If you don’t like it there’s an ignore feature. You’re also gaslighting. I didn’t say one thing about Melania’s character or life choices.

I don’t get an ego boost from believing I am morally superior. I’m not going to pretend we live in a society protected by norms. I will leave those fantasies to the lawbros. I suppose you could say that I am trying to throw it in the face of people sympathetic to that view.

Melania entered into a transactional relationship and clearly got cheated. Sorry, but she’s not the villain here.

Help me understand then. What I hear is you can’t call any woman ever under any circumstance a gold digger. Is that correct?

I’m not doing semantic cartwheels all night. Put the pic up and let the women of UP vote.

We could also ask our resident women what they think. @skydiver8 @Bigoldnit @zarapochka - who am I forgetting?

I deemed this as the least offensive and deleted the others. I can’t find the others that I scraped off facebook. They were of the same theme but more offensive. The worst had a candid shot of Melania in a bikini holding it the bottoms out and looking at her crotch - with something about checking her money maker.

Wat. Melania could have saved tens of thousands of lives and untold suffering just by telling the world how much Trump sucks in 2015 or literally any day since. That she has kept quiet despite knowing who he is - presumably to preserve her own lifestyle - is absolutely fair game for judgment.

I view her with a level of disdain precisely equal to that of Eric and Don Jr. Calling her a gold digger might be sexist, but she’s absolutely shoveling dirt on America.

2 Likes

5 Likes

This one?

https://twitter.com/Stop_Trump20/status/1271873983902879745

1 Like

Shut the fuck up

1 Like

I think that’s the one yeah. It’s the one featuring the the racist birther lady.

Yeah that’s her!

At least suzzer didn’t post this one:

https://twitter.com/stargazer1951/status/1241250756948299776

Unfair invasion of her privacy to post that.

That’s definitely the racist

Would you be wiling to work your way up from pool boy?

Does this need to farmed off to the blind spot for sexism thread?

In the meantime.

Literally no one is saying not to criticise her. They are saying that using sexist tropes and stereotypes to do so is sexist.

Its really not that complicated.

Imagine you wanted to insult Idi Amin. There’s a racist way to do it and a non racist way to do it.

7 Likes

And her best friend wrote a book about her saying she is a bitch.

That says something about the quality of her friend too. Birds of a feather, probably.

Since you made at least 1 rebuttal post in good faith I will do the same.

Taking a picture of someone in that particular moment that she is in for clickbait and/or laughs is tawdry and petty. Why would you have even a moment of shame (“not my style”) if you didn’t agree on some level? You then attempted to justify it with the “1000s of photos” comment which I also disagree with. Just because this world is so fucked up that nobody can expect privacy doesn’t mean I have to like it.

I don’t expect to be as articulate as the wagons that are circling in but that photo gave me the same feeling as when I spent 1 day of my life on facebook and saw my uncle forward a meme that was using the “Michelle looks like a dude” trope. I knew we were politically divergent but I thought he was above that.

I’m starting to realize that Trump is a symptom and not the disease. Look at all the comments to my inital reaction to that photo and tell me who they sound like? Trump is like reverse Jesus, everything that is wrong with this country but also the reason why everything is acceptable.

Honestly if I didn’t respect you and this place as much as I do it would have been a less visceral reaction.

1 Like

What’s wrong with being tawdry and petty?