Major League Baseball (Part 1)

Even that inning is insane. Mo breaks like 3 bats that fall for hits.

Joe buck was ruining games even way back then. I thought it was a more recent thing.

3 Likes

You need 3 outs to win the WS. Your life hangs in the balance. Whom are you picking?

I meant the arc of it, it breaks so hard.

1 Like

2014 Bumgarner

1 Like

I’ve been to the opening game in Cincinnati, and I didn’t get the day off.

I was on a business trip to the Queen city. The factory didn’t close. However… scheduled opening day with the parade and everything Monday rained out. Tuesday, some big boss gave us lowly vendors tix to that night’s game. Also, the factory had a very attractive nurse, and the production workers all kidded me that I should fake an injury to meet her.

Before the game, we got dinner at some hole in the wall near Riverfront. I got the worst case of food poisoning I’ve ever had. I knew something was wrong when the beer didn’t go down right… so no alcohol for me that night.

The visiting team was the Padres. About the 5th, I got up to go to the bathroom… and ran into a car full of my crew from San Diego. They were on some damn road trip, and decided on the spur of the moment to go to the game. My tix were on the field. They had Uecker seats. ZOMG that upper deck was scary. I felt like if you tripped on the steps you’d fall right onto the field.

My crew was overjoyed… because since I wasn’t drinking, I could be their designated driver. So, after the game, we went bar hoping all over Covington. Well… I went bathroom hoping myself. The next day I was still sick as a dog, and went to see that company nurse. Of course, all the production workers kidded me that I was faking it, just so I could meet the nurse.

2 Likes

Peak Pedro

2 Likes

Trout with 3 hr in 2 games back. Latest was an absolute no doubt bomb

Angels still going to lose

Forget worrying about the DH in NL, baseball needs to address the lack of bat flips after a no-doubter.

2 Likes

One of my favorite games ever. Had the DBacks to win the series for $50 at 20-1. Thanks Vegas Club wherever you are.

2 Likes

Thank you to my Northwestern friends. Baseball is the best. Dylan Moore’s utterly useless stolen base on the bottom of the 8th won me an extra 5 grand.

7 Likes

well if the parade was rained out, of course you didn’t get the day off…that’s the main event!

Very nice. The late Trout HR didn’t hurt either.

thank god the score was 7-3 so they actually pitched to him with runners on 2nd and 3rd.

Jack Morris.

1 Like

were you watching the game?
I had it on because cable was out and couldn’t watch blackhawks/oilers. Wasn’t much of a sweat when he hit it.
Nice hit

I was yeah. Trout homer put me in 2nd i still needed something from Seattle’s offense on the bottom of the 8th which was a serious sweat

Anytime you need something from Seattle offense, it’s a sweat

The Angels are always happy to help!

Solid bullpen there Reds