Major League Baseball (Part 1)

Yeah, then he played the As. Obviously shouldnt count

Skydome is still nice when the dome is open on a summer night, and you’re right that it’s one of the most conveniently located stadiums. It’s adjacent to the main commuter station in Toronto so you can get there pretty easily from anywhere on the subway line, the commuter train line, and even bus lines that come in from all over the suburbs. For people that work downtown like me, if I go to a game I can just to go work, head downstair at 5:30 to eat and walk over to the game at 7:00 without walking for more than 15 minutes.

My one complaint about Skydome is that when the roof is closed, it feels very dated and kind of stuffy. It doesn’t have the right “ballpark” feel.

1 Like

Mark Wohlers

1 Like

That’s a lot of wasted pitches. Maddux CG pitch count used to be in the 70s

1 Like

I’m going to guess he wasn’t doing that on the regular.

OK, it’s trivia time again. Note: the game in question wasn’t perfect.

• What are the [is the only] no-hitter thrown by, and caught by, HOFers?

ETA: I suck. It’s happened twice, My bad,

Not yet a HoF just an honorable mention for pudge and Verlander (future hof)

1 Like

My initial thought was Verlander-Pudge but of course Verlander isn’t in yet!

My guess is

Simmons catching Bob Gibson

I remember the trivia that the catcher caught two no hitters and worked back from that.

This is correct!

However, and yes I just suck lately at these trivia Qs… it’s not the only one. I’ve edited the original Q above.

he got the yips but came back and then got injured

I was thinking it had to be Sandy Koufax and Roy Campanella, but I cheated and looked it up and Koufax’s dominant stretch happened after Campanella retired.

If you all didn’t see the Steve Cohen press conference yesterday, it was great. Unless you’re a Mets fan, in which case it most likely wasn’t great.

ah the old I’ve spent a ton of money, regret it, and all options from here suck

Padres just got swept by the Pirates.

Peter Seidler better fire Bob Melvin Lane Kiffin style on the tarmac tonight at the airport in San Diego

oh I’m sure that was a blip looks at the previous series they lost 2 games to 1 to the Nationals

yeah they suck

the Cubs are the only positive run differential team in the division

they’re in fourth place

Rangers killing the all star team, I am in upside down world.

Ohtani is gonna break Barry Bonds’s fake HR record and it’s gonna take a Pacific U.S. territory like Guam to sign him.